Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Winger and a passing CM are absolute fundamental priorities. CB and an experienced ST are subsidiary but would be nice. If I'm being picky we get another wing-back as we're down to 3 (not hopeful on Gibbo) and one of them is Mal Benning.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

nteresting to compare Vale fans views on players like Gibbo and Wozza, 100% triers, and Rodney. No one is going to have a great game week in week out. However we recognise when a player is giving his all, equally we recognise when a player isnt. Rodney has suffered because of the latter.

I think it's body language. There is no doubt in my mind Rodney gives 100% but I feel fans expect him to charge around at full speed all the time, which is physically impossible to do. At the moment he does not understand when to charge and when to conserve his energy which can make him look too laid back at times. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I think it's body language. There is no doubt in my mind Rodney gives 100% but I feel fans expect him to charge around at full speed all the time, which is physically impossible to do. At the moment he does not understand when to charge and when to conserve his energy which can make him look too laid back at times. 

Leon Constantine used to suffer the same criticism. 

• Like 2

I know another posted suggest Omar Bogle earlier. Allegedly Doncaster turned down a loan bid for him Bradford City. The are looking a for a permanent deal🤔

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I know another posted suggest Omar Bogle earlier. Allegedly Doncaster turned down a loan bid for him Bradford City. The are looking a for a permanent deal🤔

After falling out of contention with new Rovers boss Richie Wellens, Bogle was transfer listed and urged by Wellens to find a new club having been told he is not in his plans for the season. On 23 August 2021 it was reported by Wellens that Bogle had rejected a move to Bradford City.[82] On 9 September 2021, Grimsby Town manager Paul Hurst who had previously managed him in his former spell at Blundell Park confirmed that the club had made contact with Bogle's agent about re-signing him to but was told that Bogle did not want to join The Mariners. It was stated that Bogle was now training on his own away from the first team.[82][83]

On Monday 20 September 2021, Bogle caused minor controversy when he uploaded a picture of himself and fellow transfer listed team mate Ed Williams with the caption "#Exiled". Manager Wellens stated "Exiled is a very strong word. They’re still here training. Ed’s played at Walsall, he’s played at Stoke. They train every day so I watch them train. They’re not exiled. It’s not like I’ve come in and gone ‘I never want to watch you play football again and you’re done’. I watch them every day in training. I’ve watched them play at Walsall and Stoke away. I’ve watched Omar play at Harrogate.” [84]

• Like 1

Advert:

After falling out of contention with new Rovers boss Richie Wellens, Bogle was transfer listed and urged by Wellens to find a new club having been told he is not in his plans for the season. On 23 August 2021 it was reported by Wellens that Bogle had rejected a move to Bradford City.[82] On 9 September 2021, Grimsby Town manager Paul Hurst who had previously managed him in his former spell at Blundell Park confirmed that the club had made contact with Bogle's agent about re-signing him to but was told that Bogle did not want to join The Mariners. It was stated that Bogle was now training on his own away from the first team.[82][83]

On Monday 20 September 2021, Bogle caused minor controversy when he uploaded a picture of himself and fellow transfer listed team mate Ed Williams with the caption "#Exiled". Manager Wellens stated "Exiled is a very strong word. They’re still here training. Ed’s played at Walsall, he’s played at Stoke. They train every day so I watch them train. They’re not exiled. It’s not like I’ve come in and gone ‘I never want to watch you play football again and you’re done’. I watch them every day in training. I’ve watched them play at Walsall and Stoke away. I’ve watched Omar play at Harrogate.” [84]

Got Theo Robinson written all over it. Avoid.
  • Like 4

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Our youth team goalie, Joe Collinge, is starting for Congleton tonight along side Popey and Duffy.

Duffy had to go in goal for them at the weekend after their keeper went off.

Astonished to see Bristol rovers only 3 points behind as it stands, played same games. 

I'd of said they'd had a pretty average to poor season too. Must of had a few wins on the bounce which is what we need .