Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Agree with you on Gibbo, options already at the Vale. Do wonder if because of budget constraints our midfield might just stay as it is.

I dont think there are any budget constraints and players will be coming in thats for certain

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MBE said:

We have no chance given the way DC manages the status of his players. He's the only manager I have ever known who has players with long term injuries but makes it sound like they are in contention to start. He set his stall out early doors with the local press on players to the point where they don't even bother to ask him most of the time.

There's need to know...and no need to know!

22 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Couldn't agree more.

I've been ashamed by the way fans have turned on the lad, especially seeing as he was a key factor in keeping us up. Maybe his downturn in form can also be traced back to fans being allowed back in the building. He probably took a heavy touch in August and people have been on his back ever since.

I'm getting so tired of our fanbase, and it goes beyond Rodney. The ground is always half empty five minutes from time. We go from this "HMS P*ss The League" balls to "we're rubbish" in a week. It's embarrassing. I love the club, but it doesn't have the fans it deserves.

I feel exactly the same way - win the next game and fans that have criticised since before the COVID break will be back to promotion talk. You can argue that they pay to attend matches so if they want to boo and complain for everything then they are entitled to their opinions, but if you're a real supporter, with a balanced view, you would know that unnecessary pressure is counter-productive to your club's path to any form of success. Some of the things written in the FB group are actually ridiculous. We laugh at Stoke fans on P&G, our fans are worse. 

And I'm aware that I'm moaning about people moaning but we've had 20 years of poor ownership, we know what it looks like. We should also be aware that the club is one big ship in the sea that is going to take time to turn around. I'm not saying fans shouldn't have an opinion if they don't agree with mine, not at all, but just because our colours are black and white it doesn't mean all our opinions need to be. 

A Vale fan on Twitter over the weekend was already writing off Hall and Hussey after 3 games (Hall hasn't even played that yet) There will always be those fans in football, I understand, but for what is considered a small fanbase in the EFL, we have way too many knee-jerk supporters. 

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

A Vale fan on Twitter over the weekend was already writing off Hall and Hussey after 3 games (Hall hasn't even played that yet) There will always be those fans in football, I understand, but for what is considered a small fanbase in the EFL, we have way too many knee-jerk supporters. 

I saw one guy attacking how we paid fees for Hall and Hussey after the Swindon game. i.e. after they'd played just 1 game for Vale. Unreal.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Wasn't Rodney instrumental in setting up both goals in his last appearance for us, against Burton? The assist for the 2nd was a class above, certainly not the sign of someone masquerading as a footballer. 

Couldn't agree more, hope the rumors regarding Devante are totally unfounded as there's a ton of talent in there. A combination of niggly injuries and the 3-5-2 system doesn't appear to suit him hence he is where he is, he just needs to play a run of games.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rocky said:

55 minutes ago, Doha said:

I saw one guy attacking how we paid fees for Hall and Hussey after the Swindon game. i.e. after they'd played just 1 game for Vale. Unreal.

I know the bloke you are talking about… rule number 1 is to ignore him completely. 

He’s a very strange individual indeed.

• Like 3

On 23/01/2022 at 19:53, soothsayer said:

He’s been playing in Sunderland’s first team so I doubt they’ll loan him out again unless they have an upgrade planned.

Can’t sign him - already played for two teams this season. 

3 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Couldn't agree more.

I've been ashamed by the way fans have turned on the lad, especially seeing as he was a key factor in keeping us up. Maybe his downturn in form can also be traced back to fans being allowed back in the building. He probably took a heavy touch in August and people have been on his back ever since.

I'm getting so tired of our fanbase, and it goes beyond Rodney. The ground is always half empty five minutes from time. We go from this "HMS P*ss The League" balls to "we're rubbish" in a week. It's embarrassing. I love the club, but it doesn't have the fans it deserves.

Totally agree 

A section of our fans may have smashed all his confidence away