Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Re Rodney . Physically a premier league player. Football brains National League North.

L2 level playing as a LW is where is currently at. When he has a day he is unplayable. Can beat players for fun with his pace and I reckon could hold off a tank protecting the ball.He’s an absolute beast.

Sadly for him he’s doesn’t fit into our system and hasn’t progressed enough to show he can be our 3rd striker. We can’t rely on him to be a goal threat.

If we sell him which provides funds towards an experienced ST then I’m all for selling him, if not I think he’s worth preserving with.

Advert:

40 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Tshimanga looks good at Chesterfield with 21 goals in 23 games and 100% record from 19 penalties.

We wish.😃

I think its Hearts who have been watching him plus we wouldn't be able to match the wage he is on at the moment

Big week this feel we need a bit more desire in the final third a player who is always on the end of crosses a must I feel as at present we are as threatening as a circumcised cucumber. 

Get it sorted big week this week off the pitch let's hope by end of it we go into the game v Scunthorpe with renewed optimism

UTV 

Advert:

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Should have gone for him in the summer (tshimanga) was definitely worth the risk, surprised we didn’t to be honest, would have thought he fitted the process perfectly 

Yeah I was surprised we weren't in for him.

Had a reputation as a real workhorse, young enough to improve, plus a good goal record only a division lower.

Really felt like a "Clarke" type player.

Wasn't Rodney instrumental in setting up both goals in his last appearance for us, against Burton? The assist for the 2nd was a class above, certainly not the sign of someone masquerading as a footballer. Would much prefer him on the pitch than 1 or 2 others who will be staying with us. 

• Like 5

Should have gone for him in the summer (tshimanga) was definitely worth the risk, surprised we didn’t to be honest, would have thought he fitted the process perfectly 

Was signed by Chesterfield for a fee over £100,000 and believed to be on a wage in the region of £4,500 a week , that to me was not worth a risk
  • Like 2

Jack Diamond could be a good shout? Was on loan at Harrogate from Sunderland, who have recently recalled him but now seem ready to let him go on loan again? Didn't play great against us, and got sent off, but he's definitely played better than that. His record for Harrogate is: P23 G6 (P17 G5 in the League). Just turned 22, he's a bit of a Tom Conlon type.

• Like 2

Advert:

He was on trial at Bolton and they wouldn't pay the wage he demanded so i doubt we could afford him

50 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think its Hearts who have been watching him plus we wouldn't be able to match the wage he is on at the moment

I thought he'd have been a good signing in the summer when at Boreham Wood, and we were linked with him along with Bolton briefly, was surprised he stayed in the national league tbh. 

• Like 1

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think those of you pushing for a "proven" striker are not thinking of the problems of signing one in this window? Clubs want to keep hold of them; if they're likely to be listed they will usually command a good fee, and will want high wages. I think we'd be very lucky to get a proven striker in in the next few days?

47 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Jack Diamond could be a good shout? Was on loan at Harrogate from Sunderland, who have recently recalled him but now seem ready to let him go on loan again? Didn't play great against us, and got sent off, but he's definitely played better than that. His record for Harrogate is: P23 G6 (P17 G5 in the League). Just turned 22, he's a bit of a Tom Conlon type.

He’s been playing in Sunderland’s first team so I doubt they’ll loan him out again unless they have an upgrade planned.

Advert:

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Wasn't Rodney instrumental in setting up both goals in his last appearance for us, against Burton? The assist for the 2nd was a class above, certainly not the sign of someone masquerading as a footballer. Would much prefer him on the pitch than 1 or 2 others who will be staying with us. 

I think Rodney is sort of a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
Last season, he was a bright spark of light, in an otherwise dim side. But this season, he's literally had people thinking "who is this guy, posing as Rodney??"

There has just been sooooo many things going on with him, and can't imagine it has all been nice or easy for him. But the club putting him in the twilight zone, in a "the name we shall not speak" way, certainly hasn't helped one bit! I mean, just fake it and say he has a long term injury? It's not like we haven't had a lot of those already, so one more or less wouldn't make a difference, in the bigger picture. Or as I suggested in another thread, just come out with a simple, calm and professional statement, saying something like "due to personal issues, Devante Rodney won't be available for the foreseeable future". Just having him go MIA, nobody mentioning him or even referring to him, just start all these speculations, rumors and content towards him, I'm seeing both here and on all SoMe platforms. 
Just think his absence has been handled really really poor by the club, acting like he's not a player at our club, to be honest.

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 2