Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

25 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Ipswich have recalled him today.

Weakens a rival which is a good thing!

These are the decisions that can make a big difference to teams at this level.  Not only losing a decent player in his own right but breaking up the partnership between him and McKirdy could be massive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dantheman said:

Be worth it just to stop watching him mascaraed as a professional footballer.  

I don’t mind footballers wearing make up as long as they’re good.

• Haha 5

No hard feelings from me towards Rodney, at times he was unplayable last season, he was one though I was most excited to get back into Vale Park and get behind as I felt his power and pace would have the fans off their feet and get the ground going.

Just hasn’t worked out unfortunately and I’m disappointed as the potential is there, just a case of he doesn’t seem to know how to unlock it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Ipswich have recalled him today.

Weakens a rival which is a good thing!

It could be that they want him back to compete or they have had a bid for him or are sending him out to a team higher than league 2

So decided to have a gander at the walsall forum...wow they are a depressed bunch on there,it seems the main Rodders rumour came at their game when someone was told by someone that they signed him yesterday so must be true i guess 🙂

On a side note though from reading that forum 2 names were mentioned by them who they would like to see them go for,one was Danny Johnson at Mansfield who now seems to have a battle on to get his place back now they have signed Akins and are winning and scoring. Also Charlie Kirk(ex crewe) not getting games at Charlton..... would either of those 2 do a job for us do we reckon?

Big week on the transfer front. I’m expecting at least 3 new additions. The quality of those additions will have a big impact on our season. 

I think at the very minimum we need 1 winger/forward and 2 centre-midfielders. There is also space for a right sided centre-half and depending on the Rodney situation, another striker.

People wont agree but for me the club had banked on Gibbo being sold this month,now that wont happen,i really feel sorry for Gibbo(whats this the 3rd time in a year or so he has done hamstrings?) because i doubt now bigger clubs will take a gamble on his hamstrings,also will vale take the gamble as well....got to feel for the lad
How the club is run now i dont think we bank on anything until the money is in the bank. I also would of thought we would of lined up replacement if we were expecting him to go. As gutted as i feel for Gibbo the one positive to take from it is he might stay another year now

7 hours ago, werstayinup said:

People wont agree but for me the club had banked on Gibbo being sold this month,now that wont happen,i really feel sorry for Gibbo(whats this the 3rd time in a year or so he has done hamstrings?) because i doubt now bigger clubs will take a gamble on his hamstrings,also will vale take the gamble as well....got to feel for the lad

i agree, although against salford he was holding the back of his leg. the same may apply to conlon.😏

1 minute ago, Andy Proctor said:

We don't get penalties so pointless signing him.

According to the BBC yesterday he's being tracked by at least one Premiership club and several Championship clubs... so not optimistic about our chances.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

So decided to have a gander at the walsall forum...wow they are a depressed bunch on there,it seems the main Rodders rumour came at their game when someone was told by someone that they signed him yesterday so must be true i guess 🙂

On a side note though from reading that forum 2 names were mentioned by them who they would like to see them go for,one was Danny Johnson at Mansfield who now seems to have a battle on to get his place back now they have signed Akins and are winning and scoring. Also Charlie Kirk(ex crewe) not getting games at Charlton..... would either of those 2 do a job for us do we reckon?

Johnson was the ginger lad that top scored for Leyton Orient last season wasn’t he?

Both him and Kirk would be on decent money and I can’t see Mansfield letting Johnson go.

That said… he would be a good addition!