Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

10 hours ago, toyahw said:

It just all seems a mess at the moment. No direction  No discipline. No plan. Usual Vale.  But I blame Smith.  Drop Smithy and we will be world beaters.

Fact is we are a rubbish at the moment.  The form table does not lie.  We will get our arse spanked again Sat.  Because we are poor.  Who's fault this is, I don't know. But we are rubbish. It is painful to watch. God knows why I will  be watching it again Sat. 

Probably because I love the Vale!

Cheer up son Darrell Clark loves N Smith so you will be able watch him tomoz hope he plays well and wins a few balls in the opposition box for once otherwise he should stay back as pointless him going up for corners etc .

How many crosses have we converted aerially this season. 

How many corners have we had ?

When hussey is putting them quality balls in I want our players on the end of them 

Smith is a fighter a battler but the amount of times he is a yard or two away from a incoming shot and he doesn't block it is alarming for a centre half .

He needs to improve ten fold if we are to obtain the clean sheets required to get in the play offs .

Nothing wrong with you loving him we all have our favourites .

People think I do not like him as a player I do I just think Port Vale probably be better without him it was Legge and Brisley who were the rock solid ones when we had that terrific run back end of last season there solidness allowed Smith freedom to express himself which he did very well in fairness .

Now he is our leader as he is one selected all the time Martins in and out like the okey cokey so he needs play above himself .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

All season we haven’t been a team that’s been lumping crosses into the box. We’ve tried to play our way into the box to create better chances with pull backs and balls across the six yard box, rather than hopeful crosses in. Which is why I think the signing of hussey is strange, unless Clarke has changed how we play? Yet we don’t seem to have strikers who are strong in the air at the moment to be feeding off the crosses of Worrall, gibbo or hussey. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Listening to DC and Flickers' recent interviews I have more faith in PVFC than ever before in my near 30 years supporting the club.

Just wish some of the negative fools would stick to the oatcake instead of spamming this website. 

We're actually a progressive, forward thinking football club now.

Whether we go up this season or not, we're on the right track.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Totally agree we are up there still in contention and we sign a couple a youngsters says it all really 

I didn’t realise the window had closed already…. Someone should call the EFL and tell them the window has closed earlier than everyone in country thought it would.

And unfortunately looks like we will be fined and deducted points for fielding ineligible players (Hall and Hussey) who we haven’t signed but played the other day.

• Haha 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

All season we haven’t been a team that’s been lumping crosses into the box. We’ve tried to play our way into the box to create better chances with pull backs and balls across the six yard box, rather than hopeful crosses in. Which is why I think the signing of hussey is strange, unless Clarke has changed how we play? Yet we don’t seem to have strikers who are strong in the air at the moment to be feeding off the crosses of Worrall, gibbo or hussey. 

I think I agree with you  need a Pope type Proctor is the only one who fits the bill looking forwards to see him on end of husseys balls in but for now let's hope Connor hall fits the bill 

15 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I didn’t realise the window had closed already…. Someone should call the EFL and tell them the window has closed earlier than everyone in country thought it would.

And unfortunately looks like we will be fined and deducted points for fielding ineligible players (Hall and Hussey) who we haven’t signed but played the other day.

Ok let’s see who we bring in and yes I did forget about Hall 

Matt Lund signing allegedly I'm sure he is a really good player .

At the moment I'd be looking for a impact sub a player who goes past players like they ain't there or run straight through them wheres Gareth Ainsworth these days could do with someone with his amazing qualities  

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

“It is what it is. There are 16 or 17 teams that think they can get out of League Two. There is a hell of a lot of teams in League Two that think they should be in the Champ and League One." - Darrell Clarke

I don't want to do us down but he is right. We consider ourselves to be to big for this division but then probably so do Tranmere, Swindon, Bradford, Walsall, Bristol Rovers, Scunthorpe and Oldham. We have good backing from good owners but so have Forest Green, Northampton and Mansfield. Several other teams are well coached and manage their modest budgets very well. We don't have a divine right to go up. Even with good backing and good management we can still fall short.

True and every year the league gets more and more competitive and tighter for the top positions. Teams with high budgets and big expectations are going to fall flat every year because the league just gets more competitive, especially with the craziness going on in the league below. I’m so glad we have moved forward with a new structure on and off the pitch with better professionalism because teams down at the bottom now will find it very hard to turn their infrastructure around, and we could have been with them. Bristol Rovers, Carlisle, Crawley etc. have set themselves up with a top 7 ambition, but I totally agree the top 3 is within the grasp of 8+ and the top 7 will have the top 2/3rds going for it. Goal difference could be key. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Where’s this come from?

There's been a rumour doing the rounds for a couple of days, no doubt helped by him not coming off the bench on Tuesday. Then again, I've heard a few names recently and none of them have come off so either we're missing out on players or they were dodgy rumours in the first place.

Advert:

32 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Where’s this come from?

Had seen a comment in that Facebook group to the effect of he was signing next week but I would say it’s one of those to treat with a pinch of salt. Great player though and got a bit of a nasty streak to him which we could probably do with.

49 minutes ago, Santa said:

There's been a rumour doing the rounds for a couple of days, no doubt helped by him not coming off the bench on Tuesday. Then again, I've heard a few names recently and none of them have come off so either we're missing out on players or they were dodgy rumours in the first place.

What other names have you heard?

• Like 1