Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

Who'd know we'd broken it though? It's basically <ovf censored> speak for not really wanting him.

The other players would get to know somewhere down the line and team harmony could be disrupted - best if everyone is in the same ball park

Advert:

I don't want this to come across as a DC bashing post because it's not, I really like him. However, a big thing for him last season was ensuring we signed players who weren't breaking down & getting injured all the time. He mentioned this when he first came in, we're a club which has far too many players injured & that was high up on his list of priorities to look at & sort.

I think it's fair to say this has been a failure, we're in as bad of a position as we've ever been from an injury perspective. Conlon, Proctor, Taylor, Hurst & Wilson just back. I'd hazard a guess that there's a couple more currently playing through knocks as well, Wozza & Pett wouldn't surprise me based on recent performances. They seem to be playing within themselves. 

DC will point at Achilles, Hernias, impact injuries like Hall last night as bad luck, but it's just the same old situation for us & is threatening to derail a positive half of the season.

• Like 1

Otis Khan has turned down a new contract at Walsall and is now a free agent. Not sure if he's already signing somewhere, but he'd be an ideal replacement for Politic and could also cover for Conlon if he is out for a while. Not sure if Flickers signed him when he was at Mansfield? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Otis Khan has turned down a new contract at Walsall and is now a free agent. Not sure if he's already signing somewhere, but he'd be an ideal replacement for Politic and could also cover for Conlon if he is out for a while. Not sure if Flickers signed him when he was at Mansfield? 

When I saw him a couple of seasons ago playing for Yeovil at VP, I was very impressed. However we had a poor team and he hasn’t done anything since. He went to Mansfield when they were splashing the cash but got nowhere near promotion. I’m sure that I read that he’d been offered the chance to represent Pakistan but he’d turned them down as he didn’t want to ruin his chance of playing for England. Sounds as though he’s got ideas above his station and a big time Charlie. 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

When I saw him a couple of seasons ago playing for Yeovil at VP, I was very impressed. However we had a poor team and he hasn’t done anything since. He went to Mansfield when they were splashing the cash but got nowhere near promotion. I’m sure that I read that he’d been offered the chance to represent Pakistan but he’d turned them down as he didn’t want to ruin his chance of playing for England. Sounds as though he’s got ideas above his station and a big time Charlie. 

Shoot for the stars and you might make the Division 4 play-offs 😎

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I would love him, a player I have always rated from his days at Yeovil. Just the kind of player we required for me. Someone who is prepared to dribble with the ball and take people on.We don't have this type of player at the club. He would fit in nicely just behind the striker or out wide in a 343. 

I would love him, a player I have always rated from his days at Yeovil. Just the kind of player we required for me. Someone who is prepared to dribble with the ball and take people on.We don't have this type of player at the club. He would fit in nicely just behind the striker or out wide in a 343. 
There's more to it than that though I think. Since Yeovil, he's never played a full season of games and lately seems to be declining. For a 26 year old, that doesn't sit right with me. Some underlying issue(s) possibly? Smacks of another Amoo to me

37 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Rumoured to be going to Orient. I liked him at Yeovil then feel he's been living off that since!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-leyton-orient-on-the-cusp-of-beating-salford-city-to-walsall-transfer-agreement-with-medical-scheduled/

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

We might see him on Saturday but it is likely to be for Leyton Orient where he is rumoured to be heading.

I think a player who is best used as an impact sub isn't one we should be breaking the bank for personally. Its a luxury to have but I'd rather we spent it on a 38 game a season Player instead. 

• Like 4

Politic has barely played enough pro games to be demanding mega money anywhere. Yes he was good, but the reality is he was unwanted at a lower table league 1 club. 

Serie B must have declined a fair bit given that when we played against Genoa in the 90s and we were a champ level club, they had players who were world class. 

• Like 2

Unwanted by a league 1 side but blatantly good enough. Literally of their fan base wanted him to stay and not even join us on loan. DC said his loan spell was outstanding. He’s the exact kind of player you need at this level, especially for games like last night. But if the wage demands are too high we’ve done the right thing. Shame, but obviously financially no player is worth more than the club can afford 

26 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Politic has barely played enough pro games to be demanding mega money anywhere. Yes he was good, but the reality is he was unwanted at a lower table league 1 club. 

Serie B must have declined a fair bit given that when we played against Genoa in the 90s and we were a champ level club, they had players who were world class. 

Genoa usually play in Serie A, in 1992 they became the first Italian side to beat Liverpool at Anfield,(UEFA Cup) so probably kept a few players after relegation.

Advert:

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

There's more to it than that though I think. Since Yeovil, he's never played a full season of games and lately seems to be declining. For a 26 year old, that doesn't sit right with me. Some underlying issue(s) possibly? Smacks of another Amoo to me

We only need him for half a season.😀