Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Wheres this Gibbo going for 200k came from ? Or is it dodgy Dave from Tunstall sharing gossip on Facebook again. Saying that I'd take a fee now rather then he was to leave on a free in the summer. 

Think I'll log out of OVF for a few days especially if Gibbons does go and everyone starts the panic comments. 

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

What a rubbish 3 days tbh Dennis one his way and maybe Gibbo. Lucas has lost his marbles and Wilson is not fit, Conlon and Pett are out of form  oh to be a vale fan 

A normal day of a Vale fan then.  The highs and then a couple of lows and back to a high again.  

Hopefully DC and Flickers have a plan B listed on the matrix.

Folks, can anyone explain to me why some transfer fee are disclosed and others are undisclosed. ?
Quite simply because the club's (usually the receiving one) don't want all those greedy buggers calling themselves agents and other clubs to know they've had a windfall, potentially driving up the price for a replacement
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

13 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Hiw fickle some are

We would have given anything 12 months ago to be in the top ten 

Not sure anyone is being fickle? Just fans disappointed  to be losing possibly two of our better players. That’s pretty understandable 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Folks, can anyone explain to me why some transfer fee are disclosed and others are undisclosed. ?

I guess because if you sold a player who most fans think is worth millions for 30k you be doing your nut at a guess so you would put undisclosed as the club would rightly he embarrassed by the poxy amount they would get .

I personally feel Gibbons is worth a lot more than we going get if indeed he is going only 24 hrs see if he is playing for us tomorrow if he is then he must be carrying a knock and DC must be saving him for Salford 

15 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Wheres this Gibbo going for 200k came from ? Or is it dodgy Dave from Tunstall sharing gossip on Facebook again. Saying that I'd take a fee now rather then he was to leave on a free in the summer. 

Think I'll log out of OVF for a few days especially if Gibbons does go and everyone starts the panic comments. 

Where’s a transfer fee been rumoured? It’s getting ridiculous now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not sure anyone is being fickle? Just fans disappointed  to be losing possibly two of our better players. That’s pretty understandable 

We are all disappointed I get that, but for some it appears its the end of the world imo

Advert:

10 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Seen a few 200k/250k on the vale fan pages on FB. Probably absolute nonsense as always and people pretending to be in the know for some bizarre reason. 

No club in right mind surely paying that when the season finishes in 3 1/2 months time. I'd imagine Facebook at it's finest again.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

No club in right mind surely paying that when the season finishes in 3 1/2 months time. I'd imagine Facebook at it's finest again.  

Darren, it probably still costs the buying club that amount because the players know their market value and insist that they get that amount spread out over the length of their contract, plus their weekly wage. That’s what Steve Macmananan did when he joined Real Madrid from LFC

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, it probably still costs the buying club that amount because the players know their market value and insist that they get that amount spread out over the length of their contract, plus their weekly wage. That’s what Steve Macmananan did when he joined Real Madrid from LFC

True but let's pluck a guess out of the air. Say Gibbo on 1200 a week at Vale, he'd only be able to double his wage at Sheffield.  I couldn't envisage league 2 signings getting huge signing on fees .

Ultimately he's unproven and would be somewhat a speculative gamble by Sheffield. 

What we do know is if he plays tomorrow it still means nothing as we only need to look at Hussey . I thought that was a dead duck seeing as he played for them and then lo and behold he signed .

53 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Hiw fickle some are

We would have given anything 12 months ago to be in the top ten 

In fairness we finished 12th last season and then released everyone. Top 7 is the minimum aim this year.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Has he been announced for the Italian team yet. It seems a bit odd to me. Usually the recall and the transfer are almost instantaneous as the club that own the player don't want them on their books if the deal falls through.

I have no idea but Bolton could be bluffing us or another club who are interested. Get a contact they have in Romania to leak a story about an italian club no one will have a contact out to get them to up their offer. Doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility to me.

Advert:

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Bolton and Politic would be under no obligation to tell the club what they were planning. Bolton could have recalled him at any point to play him themselves. Politic could well have told the club he was staying and then out of the blue Bolton recall him. We could have been in talks with him to try and get him to stay here.

Cremona

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a6maJx9z5OY/U6e_c7hV2uI/AAAAAAAAIKY/74ZPhQ8Jczw/s1600/1331218380-1871484985-3630767ae8c52e0e78700d6de58687a6.jpg

Burslem

5_LBP_STO_230818BurslemGV_032JPG.jpg

Can't really blame the lad!

Edited by Jacko51

47 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Seen a few 200k/250k on the vale fan pages on FB. Probably absolute nonsense as always and people pretending to be in the know for some bizarre reason. 

You didn’t log out for very long.😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Yes surprising. After Evatt's comments about being done with him, I and many others including Bolton fans thought it was an ego thing over the contract refusal and Dennis would be ours until at least May. Who saw a sudden move to a club that the stat websites claim barely scrape 3000 at home in Serie B happening? I'm massively surprised. This is a Footballer Manager-esque transfer, I reckon if there was an OVF poll at the start of the window absolutely no one would have guessed losing him to a club in Italy.

Haven’t you been watching any of the numerous other moves in this window?  OK, in the case of Politic his move to Italy may be left field but ANY loan player being recalled is no surprise at all at this level.  Clubs recall players at what appears to be a moments notice.  Send them out to rivals at the same level.  Send them to clubs higher up the pyramid.  Mutually terminate their contracts.

Edit.  I would also add that Evatt can say what he wants but the player has an agent, plus Politic himself may have had his own plans.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 1