• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

People keep saying that but it doesn't seem to matter that DC achieved promotion from League 2 with Bristol Rovers nearly 6 years ago. That is different of course...
Why is literally every single post you make just complete and utter nonsense?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

People keep saying that but it doesn't seem to matter that DC achieved promotion from League 2 with Bristol Rovers nearly 6 years ago. That is different of course...

He might sign Dan Turner (who’s awful) that might make you happy
  • Haha 2

Advert:

f*** sake lads, I'd rather have the excitement of this all going to plan (with the inherent risk of failure that comes with it) and making memories with my Dad, then the same old sh!te I've had for 19 of the 20 years of supporting the Vale.
One top 6 finish in 30 years and fans are worried about too much change. Let's enjoy it the ride. I was sick of doing it the same old tinpot way and getting nowhere, to the point where mid-season I was truly exhausted of being a Port Vale fan. We've been a miserable club for ages and its a miracle that 4,000 of us are unwell enough to keep turning up every year, cash in hand, begging for another dose of disappointment, mediocrity, and sometimes disarray.
Now, I'm excited for the possibility that I can finally witness some of the great years you lot had in the 90s, and further back in the 50s for the older fans on here. Yep, the Matrix may have a bug in the algorithm and it goes haywire with a bunch of frauds coming in, but I'll take the risk of that over plodding to another non-entity finish in the 4th tier with the same old finished men/farmers which have had their chance and achieved practically zero for Port Vale.
We've got an angel of a woman at the helm who cares about the fans and the area and wouldn't ever risk our future (unlike the last few conmen), two promotion winners making the decisions, and a core of decent players who have openly said they're excited to be around for this ride.
Football is about the risk of it all. I literally can't face another year of the same old tinpottery and shambles.
Up the Risky Whites, I say. Let's have it. 
Excellent Joe, brilliantly put
  • Like 4

Players to start signing this week? Heard we’re signing an experienced CB from the Scottish prem who has been released - only talk down the pub but bit of an odd one to be made up. 

I think the player mentioned was Aaron Martin at Hamilton. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

It'll be good to have some action to talk about. I'm fed up of looking at the Sentinel website every day, to find there's no news on signings.

Personally i think that will change this week 🙂 

Although i dont think it will stop the moaners on here in fact it could make it worse

• Like 2

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Players to start signing this week? Heard we’re signing an experienced CB from the Scottish prem who has been released - only talk down the pub but bit of an odd one to be made up. 

He had an absolute mate against us at the Ricoh , think was the 3-2 O'Connor game. That doesn't mean that he's not any good as I don't think any of us can judge on one game .

His age doesn't fit for me, 31 now . But an interesting link . 

Advert:

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

It'll be good to have some action to talk about. I'm fed up of looking at the Sentinel website every day, to find there's no news on signings.

Think after today's play off final the wheels will start turning and Kevin Ellison be holding Vale scarf aloft in the Lorne street stand in Thursdays paper 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Wikipedia scouts are flocking to Google right now. We should have their hot take by tea-time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

He was with DC at Salisbury in 2010.

Advert:

58 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

He was with DC at Salisbury in 2010.

Interesting. No idea how much truth is in it, the guy I spoke to is usually pretty much spot on though. He said a 31 year old CB released from a Scottish prem side, he’s the only one I could find. Said him and another player are to sign this week. I’d take it with a pinch of salt though 

23 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Interesting. No idea how much truth is in it, the guy I spoke to is usually pretty much spot on though. He said a 31 year old CB released from a Scottish prem side, he’s the only one I could find. Said him and another player are to sign this week. I’d take it with a pinch of salt though 

Who was the other player?

I don't mind if they don't come off, I just enjoy all the rumours at this stage!

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings