Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Cullen is doing OK to be fair. 

No he isn't.  Hasn't scored in eons. Barely touched it against us. 

He had a flurry in maybe September October and done diddly squat ever since. 

It's a no-brainer for Gibbo to join a Championship club, especially given his place in the team here isn't guaranteed.

I can't help but think that despite us thinking he's 'one of our own', Gibbo is in fact a Stoke fan, good friends with a certain Tom Pope and perhaps isn't overly fond of the current management. That's just pure speculation but I think it all may play a part in him not being desperate to stay. You have to remember that he's seen a large overhaul of the squad and may see this is a good time to move on now that most of his 'friends' are out of the building. When asked about his contract situation before the Brentford game he said something along the lines of 'at the moment it's about proving my fitness', so he's not even sure he's got a contract here beyond June.

We're sure as hell going to miss his drive and energy.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

But you only have to look at the start of the Season. Fans were writing Wilson off, yet he showed he needs games to find his form. So no way will Clarke drop him, as he knows, a fully fit Wilson is head and shoulders ahead of any other Striker we have technically and is a key player for us.

So we just have to accept him being crap while he finds his form, and therefore not give another a chance who at the moment could probably perform better? Sorry, but if we went 4-3-3 with two wide players it would be absolute madness to drop Harratt for Wilson right now just because James was playing well many weeks ago, in my opinion. 

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He has made 23 appearances so far this season. How many have Proctor and Wilson made each? 

And your point is ?

Wilson broke his foot and Proctor has had really poor luck. 

So in reality you prefer Cullen to either of those ?

Fair enough. 

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am not saying that at all but I feel we released/paid off some players and brought some other players in and the jury is still out about the progress we made by doing that. 

Jury not out for me. This time last year we had absolutely massive games v Grimsby and Southend as our league status was in jeopardy.  

• Like 5

Interesting news re Sevy Aslam. Always thought he was fairly well thought of both at vale and in the industry, but I guess two players coming through the academy in the last 10 years (?) isn't a great return.