Jump to content

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings


Doha

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Can we move Covolan on and get a goal keeper that doesn't loose his head during a game. 

Sadly I’m inclined to agree.  Ironically two outstanding save’s preceded his needless red card, but todays red, and the manner of it, was a bridge too far for me.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Heard today that Gibbo is off to Sheff Utd. Has any body else heard that?

It wouldn’t surprise me. The only reason he didn’t play today is not because ‘Hussey is a guaranteed starter’ as Radio Joke were pedalling, it’s because he either indicated that he won’t sign a contract extension so they are trying to flog him now rather than lose him for free, or because there is already an approach on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Heard today that Gibbo is off to Sheff Utd. Has any body else heard that?

Only way to explain the Hussey signing. Whilst a good player, was he a priority for the cash and wages involve? Why sign a player who will expect to start in the same position as your player of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get rid of the keeper ASAP, we do need someone a bit more aggressive in midfield, however I think Walker is that player - just need to give him a go! Don’t think we need a CB, thought Hall looked a really good player today. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Heard today that Gibbo is off to Sheff Utd. Has any body else heard that?

Heard it in the stands today, makes sense especially with the contract situation. A shame if true, but well earned for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Get rid of the keeper ASAP, we do need someone a bit more aggressive in midfield, however I think Walker is that player - just need to give him a go! Don’t think we need a CB, thought Hall looked a really good player today. 

Walker was a nailed on starter albeit only for 4 or 5 games before he got injured. 

Rightly couldn't get back in as we were playing so well. 7 points from 21 has changed that status. 

Time for his recall to add a presence 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Heard today that Gibbo is off to Sheff Utd. Has any body else heard that?

I haven’t, but that for me would explain why he wasn’t playing today. I’m not buying that horse poo that RS reported before today’s game. DC said it’s about competition for places and Hussey is a better player. I assume we’ll get some compensation if he goes. If he does go he should go with the clubs blessing as he never gives less than 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Walker was a nailed on starter albeit only for 4 or 5 games before he got injured. 

Rightly couldn't get back in as we were playing so well. 7 points from 21 has changed that status. 

Time for his recall to add a presence 

Not for me, he’s nowhere near mobile enough.  He’s OK sitting in front of the defence, mopping up and pinging the odd 40 yard pass once in a while, but once he goes upfield past the halfway line opponents just run past him.

I’m hopeful we’ll add another body in midfield and hopeful also that player will add a bit more bite and running.  Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Get rid of the keeper ASAP, we do need someone a bit more aggressive in midfield, however I think Walker is that player - just need to give him a go! Don’t think we need a CB, thought Hall looked a really good player today. 

Yes I'd be a bit cheesed off if I was Brad walker - I still think he has a big part to play in the next few months - he wouldn't have Jessica'd around their midfield today. Does smell of gibbo leaving to me unfortunately 

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you were Gibbo what would you do? he’s been fantastic on the left and now its as tough he’s an easy option to just take out as he’s young but i’m sorry he’s been one of our best players and if i was a player i’d be fuming and as for contract i don’t think i’d sign unless i was sure about my position and status within the club. Gibbo could easily go league one and to be honest i’d probably run the contract down and start somewherelse to play first team football. obviously i’d love to see him in a white shirt but signing hussey and having wozza on the right where do you put him unless you change the system again 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, valiantastic said:

if you were Gibbo what would you do? he’s been fantastic on the left and now its as tough he’s an easy option to just take out as he’s young but i’m sorry he’s been one of our best players and if i was a player i’d be fuming and as for contract i don’t think i’d sign unless i was sure about my position and status within the club. Gibbo could easily go league one and to be honest i’d probably run the contract down and start somewherelse to play first team football. obviously i’d love to see him in a white shirt but signing hussey and having wozza on the right where do you put him unless you change the system again 

He wasn’t dropped in favour of Hussey despite the garbage Radio Stoke were pedalling. I did not once hear them mention the contract situation. As I’ve said, he’s either refused a new deal so we’re looking to get money for him now, or there is an offer on the table. Either way we can’t risk him getting injured in January. And even if he stays, as seems unlikely unless he does extend, then at least we have competition (although if that’s what we can expect from Hussey then Gibbo will be back starting in Feb). It has nothing to do with his performances, it is purely due to his contract situation caused by the ridiculous transfer window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe for a second that, with a player as good as Gibbons, there's been no contract talks. Seems fairly clear that he's either indicated that he's leaving in July, or we're miles apart in wages. That being so, makes perfect sense to sell him now if there's clubs interested, particularly at Championship level as rumoured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I don't believe for a second that, with a player as good as Gibbons, there's been no contract talks. Seems fairly clear that he's either indicated that he's leaving in July, or we're miles apart in wages. That being so, makes perfect sense to sell him now if there's clubs interested, particularly at Championship level as rumoured.

I agree. There’s not a chance Clarke would leave him on the bench in these kind of games. I expect gibbons to leave in the coming week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MBE said:

Gutted if Gibbo rumour is true. Today demonstrates what a big player he is for us with his drive, determination and aggression.

We’ve got the aggression nailed down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...