Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Let’s face it our recruitment the last few seasons has been woeful. A new approach might be what is needed so I for one will support it and see how it goes. 

As for the squad overall, we all know we’ve needed one now for a couple of seasons. We can all ‘do a job’ but it’s to what level that defines us. 

What’s done needed to be done, has been done and hopefully it works well for DC, DF and more importantly the fans and our owners.

59 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The last word I'd describe DC as is 'bullsh!tter'.

The lad is blunt, probably far too blunt. He revelled in saying he 'couldn't wait to release the deadwood' and then released everybody. It's literally the opposite of bullsh!t. He's delivered on all of his words so far. 

Flitcroft is a bit Brent, but a DoF's job is often to whip up fans/be the main line of communication. I take the mickey out of the 'matrix' but I'm not arrogant enough to start making predictions about his transfer acumen based on the way he talks. There's literally zero correlation, and it's daft to proclaim otherwise.

To date I have nothing against Clarke. I believe he was nicknamed David Brent by some Walsall fans. Bristol and Walsall fans obviously have very different opinions on him. The issue Walsall fans had was perceived poor recruitment in 2019/20, rather than last season. I believe some Bury fans also referred to Flitcroft as David Brent towards the end of his time there. 

To date both have said things which they would probably know most fans will agree with. I guess we will know by Christmas if they talk a good game (no doubt both do) and more importantly can deliver. Both claim to be strong at recruitment. I guess we all hope Clarke will do better with his players than he did with Askey's.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was pleased to see some of the players leave but I am not convinced that all were released for football reasons. I think DC has got rid of anyone that he felt was a threat, i.e might question some of his decisions or tactics. 

Rubbish. If players are questioning or undermining a manager they should be released anyway. We went on a brilliant run. Why would

players disagree with him? Conlon literally said this week how good it’s been but you keep your agenda going. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

BE,you do the man an injustice.He has very nearly lead us out of this league.v to the NL.

I agree with you and what he has done, and am thankful for it, but that does not justify a job for life.  

I disagree that I have done him an injustice.  I am judging the current player not his past.

My/your view are irrelevant anyway, as DC/DF clearly believe he cannot ‘do a job’ for us anymore.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Rubbish. If players are questioning or undermining a manager they should be released anyway. We went on a brilliant run. Why would

players disagree with him? Conlon literally said this week how good it’s been but you keep your agenda going. 

He's just trying to get a reaction.

42 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was pleased to see some of the players leave but I am not convinced that all were released for football reasons. I think DC has got rid of anyone that he felt was a threat, i.e might question some of his decisions or tactics. 

Yawn

• Haha 1

Interesting development on here, the moaners have decided to run down the new signings before they've even been announced. I much prefer the the old system of players being announced, then even though we barely know nothing about them, we decide they are total dross, and we lack ambition. From what I've heard from DF and DC we are looking to recruit a more fluent and flexible squad, round pegs for round holes, rather than our normal square peg approach. Definitely a squad approach rather than standout individuals. Things are happening and players will probably be announced alongside a Kit launch openday and season ticket push. If anybody is expecting big names, I fear they are going to be disappointed. We need a squad of grafters who want to fight for shirt.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So we have released 5 of the players from the team that scored a goal against Manchester City including the goal scorer. Chelsea have only managed to score 1 goal against them in front of a smaller crowd. Thoughts?

🎣

• Haha 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, connor hackett said:

Interesting development on here, the moaners have decided to run down the new signings before they've even been announced. I much prefer the the old system of players being announced, then even though we barely know nothing about them, we decide they are total dross, and we lack ambition.

I agree. Let's go back to that system please

Advert:

Having read a few comments I've changed tack on the retained list. 

We should of kept Joyce, Pope, Brown, Mills, Fitz ,etc etc. 

It's really good being involved in nail biting relegation games ,who wants to do better when we have such excitement season after season.

Keep em all , reverse the decision Clarkey .

I give up 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Can't blame him given it will probably be his last playing contract. I expected him to sign for Bayern or another Bundesliga club if some of the comments on here were anything to go by!

keep taking the money popey!
  • Haha 2

Don't get me wrong, I hope not.  Hope it all works. But for some reason I feel they are a bit full of themselves with management speak. We'll see.
Hedging your bets so you can say told you so
  • Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings