onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

"At the end of the 2006–07 season, Mainz 05 were relegated, but Klopp chose to remain with the club.[27] However, unable to achieve promotion the next year, Klopp resigned at the end of the 2007–08 season."

What were Dortmund and Liverpool thinking, appointing a manager with a relegation on his CV? Bet they wish they'd plumped for John Askey or Derek Adams

Now who is clutching at straws? I think Jürgen may be a slightly better manager than DC

Advert

Now who is clutching at straws? I think Jürgen may be a slightly better manager than DC
The point is that you are happy to bring up a failure on his CV, yet neglect to mention that he only took over in March that season, then brought them straight back up. There's also no mention in the article you rely on of how nasty a man DC is and how his players hate him, which you've repeatedly spouted.

As regards the Klopp reference, I've no doubt at all that if he took over here, you'd be banging on about his Mainz relegation until the cows came home

Finally, you've figured out that it was a reference to you clutching at straws. Well done. Took you long enough

10 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

I agree with his assets, but I still never understood the signing of him.

I understand we can never get 5 even strikers in the building, but when we have Bailey, I don't understand we sign a loan player, almost the same age, with basically the same assets. 

For me, Lloyd, Matrix or no Matrix, was a very very very strange signing, and almost seemed a signing, for the sake of a signing, DC having painted himself into a corner, by promising a striker.

I understand all the reasons DC gave for signing him. That he had all the things we were missing in the other strikers. And that all sounded very good and promising. But in real life, you could see it in glimpses, but he very much looked like a youth player, playing the real game for the first time, learning how to use his assets in the "real" game. And why waste that space on another clubs youngster, instead of ie. Bailey?

I remember being underwhelmed by the signing of Lloyd although when he's played I can see why DC signed him although Lloyd doesn't appear to have the clinical finish in front of goal. So far this season I consider Vale have had 3 main strikers, Proctor. Wilson and Lloyd, for all his talent Rodney isn't an out and out striker, he can play though the middle but it isn't his best position IMHO (just like with Politic).

So I would say that Vale need to sign at least one striker in the Jan window to replace Lloyd and probably another one, money permitting.  We saw against Newport that although scoring goals is a big part of a strikers role the ability to hold the ball up is also important and we don't really have that without Proctor. In the 2020/21 season Vale had 5 main strikers (Not including Rodney) at various times throughout the season.

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

RZ making people look daft again tonight… he’s got you all on strings.

Its so obvious what he is doing it’s painful to watch so many fall for it over and over again.

Not a problem for me IC. I can hit the checkout now button when the fun stops.

7 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am more concerned how many of our players will want to leave, I suspect Taylor would like a move away, or at least Sproson wants him to move.

Yep and have posted similar, I think there's more to this one that meets the eye and Sprowy didn't help by making the comments he made. Jake Taylor must be unlucky or have a real underlying injury problem to be out so often. He doesn't appear to be a "DC type player".

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am more concerned how many of our players will want to leave, I suspect Taylor would like a move away, or at least Sproson wants him to move.

Agreed RZ. Shame for the lad really, having struggled at Forest, Scunthorpe and now again here, apart from a few games during his first spell here, when John Askey managed to get a tune out of him. He was man of the match though against the Liverpool kids before yet another setback. Looks like he could be eventually bound for National league level if his luck doesn't change because we certainly can't afford to carry the passengers that we've had in the past who seemed to thin that the club was a drop in centre. 

RZ making people look daft again tonight… he’s got you all on strings.
Its so obvious what he is doing it’s painful to watch so many fall for it over and over again.

I blocked him but used do the same thing to him over his love of V2001, he was so so easy to hook

Archived