onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Jan will be fascinating and thank goodness we have a professional recruitment department looking after the very delicate balance.

My view is that we probably wont go for an expensive "got a great record" forward because Rodney hopefully wont be too far away, neither will Amoo and Proctor and Wilson will eventually make their way back as first choice.

Given this I think we will go for a loan from a Champ club.

My view on the Lloyd thing is that it made perfect sense to me when he signed, he was different to what we had and had some real life experience in a promotion campaign. To compare him to Eden Bailey is madness.

The Pruhcess is good, but they don't have a time machine and the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing. No one was to know that Wilson and Proctor would lead the line so well that they would take us to 2nd in the league and in the top 1 or 2 of almost every stat going.... that limited game time for Lloyd.

Some people still don't understand that players need time to get back to match sharpness and it can take a little while. Something that Lloyd was afforded because it wasn't needed.

Best example is a few people saying we should have kept Brisley.... In his first few games in the team he missed every header apart from the ones he sent straight up. 

Aside from the striker, the Pruhcess will have to deal with, I suspect, offers for one or two of the lads and weigh up the benefits of any deal offered vs who is available as a replacement.

Thank goodness we are past the "Get the Macc band" back together approach for dealing with these things.

One thing we DEFINITELY know... multiple players have stated categorically that DC is creating the best dressing room atmosphere they have played in. Worral and Walker explicitly to the press and others have said how much they are loving it at the vale under the management team. It stands us in great stead when players are doing their diligence on whether they want to come here.

UTV

Advert

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

There is a player at Walsall on loan till Jan from Barnsley named  George Miller age 23- 7 goals in 15

One to look at possibly?

He's played for Barnsley in an EFL cup game which means he cant play for anyone else this year.

10 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

cant say I can recommend a signing unless you all want to my football manager 21 picks but not sure we are going for anyone in the window just a feeling due to Ive not heard DC say anything about getting anyone in just its a difficult time etc and he could stick with rotating garrity,conlon,taylor,worral,tommytunstall up front depending on injuries and the politic situation. 

He has mentioned the window in an interview definitely with regards to freshening things up 

45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He has mentioned the window in an interview definitely with regards to freshening things up 

Yeah he also mentioned that they have already been working on it.... a nice refreshing approach. No guarantee it comes off of course, but there has been some planning and thinking already done which has to help.

1 hour ago, FriedRice said:

cant say I can recommend a signing unless you all want to my football manager 21 picks but not sure we are going for anyone in the window just a feeling due to Ive not heard DC say anything about getting anyone in just its a difficult time etc and he could stick with rotating garrity,conlon,taylor,worral,tommytunstall up front depending on injuries and the politic situation. 

I appreciate the faith you show in me. I want the number 9 shirt.

56 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yeah he also mentioned that they have already been working on it.... a nice refreshing approach. No guarantee it comes off of course, but there has been some planning and thinking already done which has to help.

If all they've done is check that the fax machine is working then they will still have done more preparation than some of the previous regimes...

:whistling:

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I make no secret of the fact that I don't rate the manager. I am merely putting a different viewpoint. I will be impressed if he manages to bring in a decent striker.

So you were well impressed with him for bringing in Wilson and Proctor then?

A couple of players will probably leave in January if the decent bids come in so that wont be because they hate the manager

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Money... Or maybe they don't like the manager. It will be an interesting test of the players true feelings. As for leaving a promotion chasing team, surely all the top half of the table think they are a promotion chasing team

😂😂 

how can u not rate a manager who in his mid forties has had 4 promotions and has totally transformed us and let’s be honest it’s going be 5 maybe 6 by the time he leaves us 

Your defo a good mate of Tom pope and that’s where your agenda comes from

We all loved tom and I’m certain he will come back soon to say a proper goodbye 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

There is a player at Walsall on loan till Jan from Barnsley named  George Miller age 23- 7 goals in 15

One to look at possibly?

He has been mentioned before on here having played for DF before,Walsall fans have been getting on his back of late and i think Barnsley are looking to sell him as well.

26 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

😂😂 

how can u not rate a manager who in his mid forties has had 4 promotions and has totally transformed us and let’s be honest it’s going be 5 maybe 6 by the time he leaves us 

Your defo a good mate of Tom pope and that’s where your agenda comes from

We all loved tom and I’m certain he will come back soon to say a proper goodbye 

Why does everyone conveniently forget that he also took them to non league first? Clarke is fine when things are going well but it is always someone else's fault when things go wrong. 
"At the end of the 2006–07 season, Mainz 05 were relegated, but Klopp chose to remain with the club.[27] However, unable to achieve promotion the next year, Klopp resigned at the end of the 2007–08 season."

What were Dortmund and Liverpool thinking, appointing a manager with a relegation on his CV? Bet they wish they'd plumped for John Askey or Derek Adams

Archived