Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

53 minutes ago, Beech said:

Covolan, Worrall, Cass, Legge, Smith, Hussey, Pett, Conlon, Garritty, Proctor, Wilson

Subs: Stone, Martin, Benning, Walker, Politic, Amoo, Edomondson

If that's not a promotion winning line-up I don't know what is! Even better if Gibbons stays and we bring a couple more in window. Just need to have more luck on the injury front now.

The only slight worry I have with that 11 is that it does lack pace. But it sure ticks all other boxes.

Not so sure on Legge mate although Martin hasn't been the answer we'd hoped .If there's any legs ( see what I did there ! ) in the Hall rumour then I'd go with that but has to be a place on the bench for Harratt ? .

Exciting times as Clarke plays Pep roulette every game with our options.  

Advert:

If Walsall fancy signing what is now our 6th choice forward then good luck to them. Rodney has shown flashes but there just hasn't been any improvement in the key aspects of his game, and in many ways he's regressed.

I honestly know little of Connor Hall but he fits the bill of being a big, experienced centre half (6"4) . It is interesting that UV posted the rumour this morning and then it's announced a bid has been accepted. Was chosen as their MOTM when they beat Portsmouth in the 2nd round and he seems well-rated.

Edited by Joe B

Phil, totally understand where you’re coming from on this seasons performances, but let’s not forget whose goals kept us in the league last season. Would we really let him go to Walsall.?
I know what you're saying, and I'd agree with you if he hadn't seemed to have regressed so much. Whether he's actually regressed or his perceived ability and performance is now showing a more accurate reflection with us now actually having very good strikers and so a real barometer to judge his talent is up for debate, but he's been so bad this season that there will come a point when enough is enough. I don't disagree that his goals were vital to us last season, but that's gone.

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can't shake the feeling we expect to make money from somewhere.

True. This bears all the hallmarks of replacing people before they’ve been sold. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I agree with this. Fee paid for Hussey & sounds like a fee agreed with Harrogate for Connor Hall.

We spent 15K on Steve Brooker about 20 years ago but can't remember a time when we've paid an actual fee to sign somebody since... other than DC.

So 2 in a week would point towards money coming in somewhere. But who knows!

1 minute ago, ValeForever. said:

I agree with this. Fee paid for Hussey & sounds like a fee agreed with Harrogate for Connor Hall.

We spent 15K on Steve Brooker about 20 years ago but can't remember a time when we've paid an actual fee to sign somebody since... other than DC.

So 2 in a week would point towards money coming in somewhere. But who knows!

Leon Constantine and Luke Rodgers, plus a small fee for Jake Taylor and Ben Garrity I believe, we have spent money but it is usually nominal. 

Don’t particularly know much about Hall but after having a scan through Twitter, he seems to be one of their key players. I believe he’s a left-sided CB, so he will easily slot into the back 3. With 18 months left on his contract, again like Hussey, he will command a decent fee but it seems as though that’s been agreed. I believe he was at the club yesterday, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign over the next few days. Hearing that we’ve beat one or two clubs as well, if all goes well. 

A 6”4, big brick sh*thouse, is something that we have lacked this season. With Legge not getting any younger, and rumours of his departure, this could be an excellent signing. 

The depth in our defence is absolutely beautiful. Let’s just hope Gibbo doesn’t leave this month and we can tie him down. 

Advert:

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

True. This bears all the hallmarks of replacing people before they’ve been sold. 

Please don't. I honestly couldn't bare losing Gibbo this month.

If this rumour has substance then hopefully so do the ones linking Legge to Crawley and Rodney to Walsall. Flipping one or two of them for this big commanding CB would be the definitive conlusive proof IMO that Flitcroft is a magic wizard who can bend space and time.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Happy for walsall to have Rodney. Don’t think I’ve seen a drop in a player as much as him. Was decent last season, atrocious nearly every single game this year, strange as I thought he would improve with the crowd. Can’t see him getting any game time now. I’d like to think that club in for Hall is us, good player. 

I'd go for a decent sell on clause. 

• Like 2

Advert:

Just now, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Rodney, unbelievably quick but he needs that pace to chase after his first touch. 

Wouldn't lose any sleep if he left.

His through ball to Politic at Burton was top drawer. Looked up, saw the move on, sent through a beautfully weighted defence splitter any player would be proud of to put Politic in for the winner against Garrett. Top drawer.

Unfortunately that's all he's done this season, for me, other than bundling a tap in over the line at Stevenage.

I don't know what's gone wrong with him this season but 1 in 17 in a massive fall off a cliff from last year. He was ill with Covid, maybe it knocked him for 6 and it took him ages to recover. He's that recurrent heel injury too. Maybe some family stuff going on, who knows and nothing to do with us if so, but whatever it is he's unfortunately way down the pecking order now after repeatedly failing to deliver and if Clarke is happy to sell him in the window then I'd support his decision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Covolan, Worrall, Cass, Legge, Smith, Hussey, Pett, Conlon, Garritty, Proctor, Wilson

Subs: Stone, Martin, Benning, Walker, Politic, Amoo, Edomondson

If that's not a promotion winning line-up I don't know what is! Even better if Gibbons stays and we bring a couple more in window. Just need to have more luck on the injury front now.

The only slight worry I have with that 11 is that it does lack pace. But it sure ticks all other boxes.

After the season Gibbos had I can’t believe how quick people are to ditch him. 

• Like 1