onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

He is classed as a holding midfielder in that list, potentially why it looks like a small sample size.... It may look a different picture if you add all other central mids.

Either way... lovely stats.

Tiiiiiiiiime Tom.... Brilliant Tom

Here we go... the updated version with a wider range of midfielders.

in Summary, Tom still brilliant with only Callum Cooke bettering his accuracy on a lower number.

28 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Player contracts don't expire till the end of June don't they?

Yeah, any player who signs with a club before 1 July doesn't miss a day of pay. Then there is more urgency for the player after that.

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Here we go... the updated version with a wider range of midfielders.

in Summary, Tom still brilliant with only Callum Cooke bettering his accuracy on a lower number.

So Tom Pett passes forward less accurately and less frequently than Joyce. Just the upgrade we are looking for.

Well if no club is disclosing players that they’ve signed, then that means Scott Brown might not have signed for another club. We don’t have a keeper and with a half decent team in front of him reducing the oppositions chances, I’d look to re sign him, especially if Scott would accept a reduced wage. 

2 hours ago, 1 said:

So Tom Pett passes forward less accurately and less frequently than Joyce. Just the upgrade we are looking for.

I think its ok to single out individual stats to point out the good parts of someone’s game... but to use a single variable to write off one player vs another might not be the best use of stats. Same reasoning as the fact tat this one stat alone doesnt make Tom the player he is.

Also given Pett plays top of the diamond for Stevenage I’m not sure progressive Passes would even be one of his key targeted stats... never mind the fact it’s a completely different role to the one Joyce plays so a comparison may not be that useful.

Age difference would also play into it if you were to compare Joyce to another defensive mid... Joyce is unfortunately only going to deteriorate as a player as he approaches 34/35

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

Yeah, any player who signs with a club before 1 July doesn't miss a day of pay. Then there is more urgency for the player after that.

There are logistics which cause a hurry up as well. If a Port Vale release with partner and kids say wants to join Crawley then they need to find accommodation or even more hard find child resources like school / pre school. Partner may also need a new job. So better get a move on. The bottom line is that lower league football is a terrible career.

So many Vale fans seemingly absolutely petrified of the alternatives to the players we've released. Let go for Christ's sake, and trust the decisions and process. Most of the players we've released were largely crap, and dragged the club into 3 relegation battles.

Well if no club is disclosing players that they’ve signed, then that means Scott Brown might not have signed for another club. We don’t have a keeper and with a half decent team in front of him reducing the oppositions chances, I’d look to re sign him, especially if Scott would accept a reduced wage. 

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

No. 

5 hours ago, philmpv said:

So many Vale fans seemingly absolutely petrified of the alternatives to the players we've released. Let go for Christ's sake, and trust the decisions and process. Most of the players we've released were largely crap, and dragged the club into 3 relegation battles.

We've been scarred by change in the past. V2001 was a change, Norman was a change, Bruno was a change. It mostly goes disastrously. As a result, I think Vale fans assume worst-case scenario when it comes to big change, when many other clubs undergo transformations like ours and come out of it successfully.

As a side note, and its up to them, but I find Brown and Pope's complete silence a bit strange.

Yes lads, you're probably disappointed, but its pretty common for a nice farewell message.

Maybe they're saving it for when they sign for another club but Manny, Cullen, Monty, Fitzpatrick, and Joyce all came out pretty quickly, and it allowed fans to send nice messages once the dust of the retained list had settled.

Its coming across a little bit bitter in my view, but its their choice I guess.

As a side note, and its up to them, but I find Brown and Pope's complete silence a bit strange.
Yes lads, you're probably disappointed, but its pretty common for a nice farewell message.
Maybe they're saving it for when they sign for another club but Manny, Cullen, Monty, Fitzpatrick, and Joyce all came out pretty quickly, and it allowed fans to send nice messages once the dust of the retained list had settled.
Its coming across a little bit bitter in my view, but its their choice I guess.

Brown did on Twitter I think, he messaged fans back who wished him well.

Archived