onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

11 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

As pointed out Lloyd played 32 games for last seasons Champions and having won promotion is a league 1 player on loan to league 2.....Lloyd is 21 with 89 competitive games under the belt and one Championship on the CV while Bailey is 17 and has never started a game.....Lloyd was our fourth striker while Bailey is a youth team kid.....expect Lloyd has now gone back to free up a squad place for a striker in january.

I should never had mentioned Bailey. Forget I mentioned him, btw as an ie.! My point is, that despite of the amount of games Lloyd appeared in last season, he never looked like that. My point is; for the role clearly intended for Lloyd, why not give that to an academy player instead? Lloyd didn't exactly pull up any trees or set the nets on fire. So why not give that very very limited game time, to one of our own youth prospects instead? Give some valuable experience to one of our own prospect, instead of developing a player for Cheltenham. 

Advert

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am more concerned how many of our players will want to leave, I suspect Taylor would like a move away, or at least Sproson wants him to move.

Why would anyone leave a promotion chasing team. 

The only possible leaver might of been Burgess and he's back in the fold. 

Ignore Sproson he has an agenda.  

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Money... Or maybe they don't like the manager. It will be an interesting test of the players true feelings. As for leaving a promotion chasing team, surely all the top half of the table think they are a promotion chasing team

Yes I think most of them hate Clarke 

I can't speak for anyone else but this window is notorious for teams either paying over the odds or going into panic mode.

I'd like to see somebody similar to  when Tyler Walker came. A bit part Championship player looking to impress.

You can never rewrite history but had he stayed fit who knows .

We aren't going to pluck the much vaunted 20 goal a season guy out of the air in 3 weeks time . 

23 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I make no secret of the fact that I don't rate the manager. I am merely putting a different viewpoint. I will be impressed if he manages to bring in a decent striker.

Don't forget that the decision on new players isn't totally down to Darrell Clarke--Dave Flitcroft is also overseeing the playing side of things these days.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Money... Or maybe they don't like the manager. It will be an interesting test of the players true feelings. As for leaving a promotion chasing team, surely all the top half of the table think they are a promotion chasing team

The only one that doesn't like the manager is you. The squad are all happy and love being here. You're digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I make no secret of the fact that I don't rate the manager. I am merely putting a different viewpoint. I will be impressed if he manages to bring in a decent striker.

Love how you conveniently miss all of the numerous interviews from players praising Clarke, the squad harmony, vale being like a family ect. Wasn’t Johnson essentially frozen out and recently came out and then said how much he loves it here? Drop your pathetic agenda. 

Would consider looking at Otis Khan at Walsall, who is on a short-term deal there. Has played wing-back for Tranmere and then scored two and set up one on Saturday for Walsall. Maybe some added competition as Worrall keeps picking up injuries.

Archived