• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Isn't it 22 outfield + 2 keepers?

I think it is, yes. Thanks!

It also looks like loan signings over 22 do count towards the limit.

It you add Cass and Hurst (both 22) to the list and take Covolan and Stone out then it works out at 19.

19 outfield players over 22:

• Hussey
  • Proctor
  • Wilson
  • Walker
  • Dan Jones
  • Benning
  • Garrity
  • Martin
  • Pett
  • Taylor
  • Amoo
  • Conlon
  • Legge
  • Burgess
  • Rodney
  • Worrall
  • Gibbons
  • Hurst
  • Cass

These players don't count:

• Covolan (GK)
  • Stone (GK)
  • Edmondson (under 22)
  • Harratt (under 22)
  • Politic (under 22)
  • Bailey (under 22)
  • Ellis Jones (under 22)
  • McDermott (under 22)

I can't believe Politic is only 21. I thought he was a few years older. He'd be a steal if we could get him on a permanent deal as he's got bags of potential. 

When you consider Vale could potentially move say Burgess on if they do need more space in the squad, to have such a strong squad yet still have room to add to it is pretty remarkable business over the summer.

• Like 2

Smith missing from the list?

Interesting to look at the list of players that count because potentially we could see a fair few move out.  In the order that they’re listed above, hypothetically, any of Walker, Benning, Martin, Taylor, Conlon, Legge. Burgess, Rodney, Worrall, Gibbons wouldn’t be outrageous suggestions.  Obviously the likes of Conlon, Gibbons, Wozz could attract unwanted interest from higher up as our “star” performers.

Advert:

On 07/01/2022 at 14:34, philmpv said:

He's either been on the funny fags, or is on a wind up emoji16.png

Re Whitehead. His record shows he has played 45 games a League 2 and then many more at National League level. He's gone now and I agree he wasn't at the level of player we want / need.

Overall the owners / management look to be investing very intelligently and gearing us up for a serious push at the automatic promotion places. The squad has got the capacity to absorb injuries and suspensions without detriment to the team playing. Its got good characters, experience and competition. 

Hope I can finally test negative x 2 and go on Saturday!

Edited by Warren

Screenshot_20220110-215206.thumb.png.4ccb78b06911b4ab1462a559efd003e4.png
‘Under 21 Player’ means a Player under the age of 21 as at the 1 January in the year in which the Season concerned commences (e.g. for Season 2021/22, born on or after 1 January 2000).'
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

Gibbons will be on his way now we've got a replacement. Can't let him leave for nothing in the summer.

Unless a team in the higher league wants him I can't see him going. 

Playing every week and has already said he wants to win promotion here. Plus DC wants competition for every position especially with all those games that have been rescheduled 

• Like 2

Haisselbaink came out the other day saying a bid had been made for Kane Hemmings, the media linked it to Salford. Twitter reckons that move has broken down now and instead Tranmere have tabled a rival offer.

Think we're alright for forwards now unless that Rodney rumour comes to fruition.

1 hour ago, robf said:

I think it is, yes. Thanks!

It also looks like loan signings over 22 do count towards the limit.

It you add Cass and Hurst (both 22) to the list and take Covolan and Stone out then it works out at 19.

19 outfield players over 22:

• Hussey
  • Proctor
  • Wilson
  • Walker
  • Dan Jones
  • Benning
  • Garrity
  • Martin
  • Pett
  • Taylor
  • Amoo
  • Conlon
  • Legge
  • Burgess
  • Rodney
  • Worrall
  • Gibbons
  • Hurst
  • Cass

These players don't count:

• Covolan (GK)
  • Stone (GK)
  • Edmondson (under 22)
  • Harratt (under 22)
  • Politic (under 22)
  • Bailey (under 22)
  • Ellis Jones (under 22)
  • McDermott (under 22)

I can't believe Politic is only 21. I thought he was a few years older. He'd be a steal if we could get him on a permanent deal as he's got bags of potential. 

When you consider Vale could potentially move say Burgess on if they do need more space in the squad, to have such a strong squad yet still have room to add to it is pretty remarkable business over the summer.

My understanding is we reached our maximum over 22’s when Burgess was re-registered. (DC was quoted saying that). So if we take out Amos and Johnson (Whitehead was not re-registered, they may of made an exemption when he was recalled) it leaves 2 spaces, of which Hussey has filled one today. Don’t think George Lloyd counted. 

Seems likely they will try to loan out Burgess and Hurst, and maybe Legge will go, so that’s potentially 4 more spaces for over 22’s. 

Maybe It would be easier if Colin Garlic clarified all of this 😄

Advert: