Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Advert:

30 minutes ago, Topher said:

Any word on contract length? Cheltenham fans say he's too slow for L1 so it'd be a concern if we had him down for 2.5 years when L1's where we want to be.

Yes but is this true or one of those things fans often say when they’re losing a player. The thing here is that he’s playing games regularly, whereas, from memory, Benning had been replaced by Clough and wasn’t figuring in the starting 11.

• Like 1

Good signing this. I'd usually be a bit concerned at us signing a 33 year old for a fee, but I trust DF and DC.

I was urging us to sign him in 2018 when Sheff Utd released him, and was a bit surprised Cheltenham managed to get him, but better late than never!

Someone I've always liked purely for his set piece delivery which always stood out against us.

Advert:

Is this vale ?? Doesnt seem real to be doing decent signings in january. 

honestly carol deserves so much credit for turning our club around. In my lifetime ive never been so assured by whos running our club. I genuinely believe the only way is up with us at the moment.

no messing about getting our targets everyone of then says df and dc sell them the dream of the club its unreal

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Mike Baggaley reckons we have 19 players over 22 and have room for 3 more. That’s not the figure I get 😄 I was under the impression that both Cass and Hurst count as over 21’s. Can anyone shed any light???

19 outfield players now including Hussey, Harratt & Edmondson are 19 yrs old & 20 so don't count, so 3 more possible to bring in up to 22 plus keepers

• Thanks 1

Advert:

35 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Mike Baggaley reckons we have 19 players over 22 and have room for 3 more. That’s not the figure I get 😄 I was under the impression that both Cass and Hurst count as over 21’s. Can anyone shed any light???

Cass doesn't count as he's on loan (and he's under 22 anyhow) while Hurst was 21 (so under 22) at the start of the season. 

Here's my workings out...

Don't count (8)

• Edmondson (loan and under 22)
  • Harratt (loan and under 22)
  • Politic (loan and under 22)
  • Cass (loan and under 22)
  • Bailey (under 22)
  • Ellis Jones (under 22)
  • McDermott (under 22)
  • Hurst (under 22 at start of the season)

Do count (19)

• Hussey
  • Proctor
  • Covolan
  • Stone
  • Wilson
  • Walker
  • Dan Jones
  • Benning
  • Garrity
  • Martin
  • Pett