Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

57 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Hussey being steadier? Does anyone know anything about him to be so confident that he’s going to be a nailed on starter over gibbo or Worrall (if gibbo is to move to the right) as I’m sure both those would have something to say about it given how well they’ve both played this season.

I think that it’s going to be interesting to see what he does with gibbo and Worrall. If we’re staying with wingbacks and gibbo goes to the right then Worrall doesn’t fit into a 3-5-2 formation (unless Clarke thinks that Worrall is better than Gibbo on the right). But then arguably Worrall can fit into a 3-4-3 by going to the right of the central striker. 

Maybe Clarke sees Hussey as more of a LCH in his advancing years. Him linking up with Gibbo on the left is a pretty tasty prospect. 

• Like 2

It’s not been confirmed by either Cheltenham or Vale.

We aren’t the only club in for him, as RobF said it’s not done until it’s signed and announced officially.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wrex said:

This is going to get lost amongst the Valepope crap but...

I think I saw it mentioned that Edmondson and/or Harratt are out of contract at the end of the season but they're actually under contract at Leeds and Huddersfield until 2023 and 2025/6 respectively. Edmondson signed a contract but Leeds didn't do a press release for it and Harratt signed his new deal last month.

Hmmmm good spot Wrex - I was under the impression Edmondson was out of contract come the summer

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

We have sluggish and slow strikers upfront at our club and i think we need to inject some pace, harry mckirdy fits the bill, but however with form of 5 goals in 2 games, I think we could be pipped by much bigger clubs in league one and the championship like morcambe, fleetwood and the likes, however id still like to see carol actually dip in her pocket and make a serious approach for some serious players

laughing-rofl.gif.1fe3f2578df4e003c35162863c3bd933.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

We have sluggish and slow strikers upfront at our club and i think we need to inject some pace, harry mckirdy fits the bill, but however with form of 5 goals in 2 games, I think we could be pipped by much bigger clubs in league one and the championship like morcambe, fleetwood and the likes, however id still like to see carol actually dip in her pocket and make a serious approach for some serious players

You should’ve stayed in the pub.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1 said:

I agree but I also like Jones at LB / LWB, I’ve just accepted it’s not going to happen. If we can offload Legge, a younger version of his style would be great.

As others have said though it’ll just be plugging gaps rather than wholesale changes.

i don’t believe there is a younger version of his type? you can’t find that type of player from an academy. closest you’ll get is fresh out of non league and to give them a try. hopefully the club is keeping watch in non league for some gems 

17 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

IF we do sign Hussey, where does that leave Mal Benning. I was really pleased when we signed Mal but I don’t feel that we’ve seen that much of him as I thought he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him move on this month

9 hours ago, valiantastic said:

i don’t believe there is a younger version of his type? you can’t find that type of player from an academy. closest you’ll get is fresh out of non league and to give them a try. hopefully the club is keeping watch in non league for some gems 

As did Legge, non-league to Brentford where he became  a  hero, player of the season etc.