onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

2 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I can’t see him signing for us unless he gets more game time. He could probably go elsewhere, perhaps in the league above and be a starter every week. 

I dunno. I guess it depends on the reasons why he's not starting every game.

Is it - 

1. Because Vale are taking physio's advice on how long

2. He's picked up knocks we as fans are not aware of and Vale are being cautious

In which case, that's sensible man management.

If, on the other hand, it's that he's 100% fit and feels he can start every game then that's different.

However, the guys spent 12 months recovering from injury. That can't have been pleasant. If I was him, I'd be pleased I wasn't being pushed into too many minutes, too soon and risking more time on the sidelines. There's still 30-odd games of the season left.

Advert

55 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Unless he has a loan move lined up to somewhere else come January. 

Why would Bolton do that though? He's on loan already so why would they swop the club he's loaned to? 

I could understand recalling him and possibly selling him if they think he's not going to sign the contract that they offered though.

4 minutes ago, robf said:

Why would Bolton do that though? He's on loan already so why would they swop the club he's loaned to? 

I could understand recalling him and possibly selling him if they think he's not going to sign the contract that they offered though.

It has been known Rob. I'm racking my brain, possibly was named Philips he was on a season long loan to Morecambe last season and was starring. His parent club recalled him and sent him to a higher division with Accrington. 

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It has been known Rob. I'm racking my brain, possibly was named Philips he was on a season long loan to Morecambe last season and was starring. His parent club recalled him and sent him to a higher division with Accrington. 

And he is now back on loan at Morecambe again (from Burnley).

35 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yep, @darren1810  but surely the reason for that is Burnley have him (Phillips) on a long-term contract so want him to gain experience at as high a level as possible. In other words to improve one of their potential future first team squad players.

Politic, on the other hand, looks like he doesn't want to sign for Bolton for whatever reason so could very be leaving them in the summer. I can't see how it is in Bolton's interests to move him to a higher level on loan if he isn't going to play for them again.

If he is moving on then the option with least work from their perspective is to simply leave him at Vale until his contract expires... unless someone comes in with an offer for him in Jan and they decide to cut their losses and sell.

45 minutes ago, robf said:

Yep, @darren1810  but surely the reason for that is Burnley have him (Phillips) on a long-term contract so want him to gain experience at as high a level as possible. In other words to improve one of their potential future first team squad players.

Politic, on the other hand, looks like he doesn't want to sign for Bolton for whatever reason so could very be leaving them in the summer. I can't see how it is in Bolton's interests to move him to a higher level on loan if he isn't going to play for them again.

If he is moving on then the option with least work from their perspective is to simply leave him at Vale until his contract expires... unless someone comes in with an offer for him in Jan and they decide to cut their losses and sell.

It’s all a game between the club and the player. Politic turning down their first offer doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to sign for them. Don’t forget he’s been out injured for a long time so Bolton could have offered him the same money or less or there may be clauses in there that he doesn’t like. It’s common for players to turn down the first offer and see what the club comes back with. It’s like a game of cat and mouse for them, the club and  player pushing it as far as they can until they get (or close to) the deal they can agree on. 

He could well go to another club in January if he or Bolton want to. You never know Bolton may want him to go to a club where he may play more or to go a league up to prove himself at that level since his injury, so they could have another club lined up. Politic himself could have asked his agent to sort another club. There’s so many variables that could happen in january. I remember Tom Anderson being on loan with us a few seasons ago, from Burnley I think, they recalled him and sent him to the league above. 

I think we'd be very fortunate to get Politic signed up permanently. He looks an absolute class act & could easily play in a top end League 1 side. I do however find it curious that this news has come out today following the strange decision (IMO) to not give him any game time on Saturday infront of the TV cameras. Was DC keeping him hidden as negotiations have begun & he didn't want to alert anybody else to his availability...

I would be ecstatic if we managed to pull it off, what a massive coup it could be, but I do honestly think he's out of our price range. Stranger things have happened though & he looks genuinely happy to be at the club. I'm just not sure that would be enough to sway him. Would love to be proven wrong!

I just hope that if Politic does go back to BWFC, that he doesn’t immediately go out on loan to another club, especially in L2. I’m not sure what I’d make of this if it happened, would it mean some club has come in offering more money.? BWFC want to sell and we don’t yet have the money.? I think he’d be an asset especially if we were to get promoted 

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

It’s all a game between the club and the player. Politic turning down their first offer doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to sign for them. Don’t forget he’s been out injured for a long time so Bolton could have offered him the same money or less or there may be clauses in there that he doesn’t like. It’s common for players to turn down the first offer and see what the club comes back with. It’s like a game of cat and mouse for them, the club and  player pushing it as far as they can until they get (or close to) the deal they can agree on. 

If that's the case then again, sending him to somewhere else doesn't make logical sense. If Bolton want him, they sort out the contract and bring him back into their squad in January.

I realise things change quickly in football and I remember examples like Anderson leaving out of the blue so I'm setting myself up here to be wrong I guess. However,  I do think there does seem to be some sort of impasse between player and club. For me, the fact we are doing well, the fact that the management of the player after injury has been praised and the way the player seems to be enjoying himself suggests he'd be happy at Vale till the end of the season. He was certainly happy enough to commit to us for a season so that's a big tick in our favour.

I'm not saying we're going to sign him permanently - that's a bigger ask, but simply having a player of that class for the rest of the season would be a big boost in itself, I think. 

1 hour ago, robf said:

If that's the case then again, sending him to somewhere else doesn't make logical sense. If Bolton want him, they sort out the contract and bring him back into their squad in January.

I realise things change quickly in football and I remember examples like Anderson leaving out of the blue so I'm setting myself up here to be wrong I guess. However,  I do think there does seem to be some sort of impasse between player and club. For me, the fact we are doing well, the fact that the management of the player after injury has been praised and the way the player seems to be enjoying himself suggests he'd be happy at Vale till the end of the season. He was certainly happy enough to commit to us for a season so that's a big tick in our favour.

I'm not saying we're going to sign him permanently - that's a bigger ask, but simply having a player of that class for the rest of the season would be a big boost in itself, I think. 

Hypothetically, look at it this way from his clubs point of view. They’ve got a player there who’s just come back from a serious injury. But I don’t think hes stung together 2 90 minutes yet or played for any length over a Saturday and Tuesday and got a consistent run of games under his belt. So therefore why would they come out and offer him a better contract than the one he’s on now?

Also if he isn’t getting the game time here, then Bolton or he may decide that he needs to go somewhere to play more regularly to prove himself and so get the contract that he feels it deserves. They could even recall him to play some games with them and then play the contract situation by ear.

He’s playing a bit of a dangerous game because if he doesn’t prove his fitness, play more matches and make a contribution in games, then he runs the risk of having to accept a contract at Bolton that isn’t what he expected to get or maybe even have his hand forced and have to move to another club for less money. But ultimately he has to play more games somewhere to either justify a contract offer from Bolton or another interested club. 

It would be great if we could keep him, he looks like a player who can make something happen, but at the moment he isn’t a starter for us in the formation we play and that may play in part in what happens come January. 

Can I just put one thing to bed, that I keep reading over and over:

In no way, shape or form, can DC keep Politic "hidden". Every single league club in the UK knows who he is, and if they are in any way a pro outfit, with a somewhat decent scouting system, they know EXACTLY how he's been performing! So please, let's forget about "hiding" him 😅

Archived