Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Anything to be taken from #buysell?? Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but looks like Flickers has bagged one tonight. 
5A56C05F-D991-43F3-868F-4DC8BE592FA4.thumb.png.5ca688fcc00eb6bb782a8f883d469330.png
I'm more concerned by the cushion on his lap. What did Carol catch him doing? Guilty face if ever I've seen it.
  • Haha 4

hearing news from inside the club that James Gibbons has rejected a new contract and could well leave the vale. i really hope not as i don’t think you find that type of player with his energy and passion. he could easily go higher but why not with us? hopefully the club sort this out and give him what he deserves 

1 hour ago, valiantastic said:

hearing news from inside the club that James Gibbons has rejected a new contract and could well leave the vale. i really hope not as i don’t think you find that type of player with his energy and passion. he could easily go higher but why not with us? hopefully the club sort this out and give him what he deserves 

But do we risk losing him for nothing in the Summer. Personally and I've heard nothing to think this, however I do think he will move to an higher League club. Perhaps that's why Hussey is linked.

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Except we don’t play a system where we’re swinging crosses in for a big lump of a centre forward to get on the end of...

No - we don't fire crosses in for headers, but we do fire them into spaces where a Vale player could be, or where a defender might knock it into his own net. 

44 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

But do we risk losing him for nothing in the Summer. Personally and I've heard nothing to think this, however I do think he will move to an higher League club. Perhaps that's why Hussey is linked.

Gibbo didn't hint at this in the interview with him? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, valiantastic said:

I don’t believe that’s correct. I am convinced that the opposite is true. I’ve been digging around all week and more than one reliable  source in the club has told that he hasn’t even been offered anything yet. None of the out of contract players have yet. 

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

No - we don't fire crosses in for headers, but we do fire them into spaces where a Vale player could be, or where a defender might knock it into his own net. 

Exactly, we work the ball with little patterns of play and triangles to get the wing back in behind for a pullback. Which is just what gibbo and Worrall have been doing all season. We don’t just boom the ball in from anywhere. No doubt he has a good left foot but at 33 does he offer the same energy as Worrall and gibbo to play how we have been doing?

Edited by PV1973

7 hours ago, valiantastic said:

Would maybe explain the Hussey link.

Would be a disaster if he went. My player of the season so far.

The latest on Politic from Bolton. Suppose it depends how you want to interpret it but I would say unless they have a major injury crisis he will be staying here for the rest of the season.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Would maybe explain the Hussey link.

Would be a disaster if he went. My player of the season so far.

I wouldn’t be too worried yet, judging by what I’ve heard from a few people I don’t believe that we’ve even offered gibbo or the other out of contract players a new contract yet.

As for Hussey, we only have 2 wingbacks in the building who have been any good, Worrall and gibbo. We have no cover in that area that’s anywhere near those 2, so I think we will need some better cover in those areas than what Benning and Cass have provided as wing backs so far. What we don’t know is if anyone will come in for players like gibbo, Conlon or smith. But at 33 or 34 or whatever he is then Hussey isn’t a long term option or even a long term replacement for a gibbo. Plus at that age this is his last pay day and I think he’ll want decent money too. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1