Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

I think that's cracking business by all involved as it wont be for peanuts with him still having 1.5yrs left and reading between the lines it seems to be an offer they couldn't turn down. I like the model we are following
Certainly a lot better than the sign as many free journeymen as we can, barely play most and award the most consistent underperformers new contracts philosophy of the past 5 seasons

Really like what I'm seeing. DF will be the making of this club, backed by Carol and Kevin. Love DC but he seems to be the least crucial cog in this new Port Vale machine. Love the guy, and all I mean is that even with a change of manager, when that happens, we should barely break stride
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Our annual link to Chris Hussey has emerged again courtesy of UV.

Probably nonsense as he's played 92% of minutes in the league above.

Edited by Joe B

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Our annual link to Chris Hussey has emerged again courtesy of UV.

Probably nonsense as he's played 92% of minutes in the league above.

Doesn't fit the bill surely.  Got be 33/34 and isn't he predominantly a left back rather than left sided CH.

I'd be very surprised but who knows. 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Doesn't fit the bill surely.  Got be 33/34 and isn't he predominantly a left back rather than left sided CH.

Could make sense if Amos and Benning go, I guess. I'm all for Benning going and think he is our weakest player but I guess we can't tear up the squad entirely mid-season.

I still think there will be 6 ins and outs, which is an aggressive January.

6 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

They just paid fee for LWB

So they have. Interesting. 

Hussey is undoubtedly very good, if ageing. I don't see us carrying Gibbons, Benning, and Hussey though.

Hussey would be excellent, Woz and him delivering crosses would be pretty scary for defences.

Just turned 33 so not the ideal age but if we wanted to add experience to the back line which may be a consideration after some defensive collapses at times this season if Legge can’t play most weeks and Martin isn’t in form then might give us a good year or two.

Johnson wasn’t good enough in the games he played if we’re being brutally honest. He didn’t look mobile enough and when he was played it felt like he was targeted. I guess that he could have improved and admittedly we never saw a great deal of him, but it’s no great loss and money in the bank. 

• Like 2

Advert:

54 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Johnson gone permanently to Stockport. If we have made money on him, having signed him on a free then not played him for 6 months, then we're elite operators. Lump it on a forward Flitters. I know some will be annoyed but the lad hasn't been good enough to get in our side and we've turned a profit. That's just good business.

"Ryan would have remained in the clubs plans moving forward, however a deal was presented to the club that offered us really good value for the player and will provide us with an opportunity to reinvest this money back into other areas of the club.

"This aligns with the clubs new player trading philosophy, looking to extract value from its assets in a variety of different ways to help maximise the growth and improvement of the football club."

Very good business.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Imo he was one of the best attacking LWB's in the league last season and has been a regular playing in league one,he has also been steady at all his clubs,this is just a rumour by the looks of it but i guess we will need some experience as well as youth with any new signings

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good luck to Ryan I never saw the lad play as away when he played v Hartlepool away and didn't go Northampton so I cannot judge .

Obviously I like the ruthlessness of DF ,I think he sees what the supporters see good business if sold a free signing very clever work and excellent value for Vale .

I wonder who else I'm sure there be more surprises .

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Thought Johnson looked okay when he played. 

I wonder if Amos or Walker might be next. 

Amos possible. I personally think Walker has a big part to play. Although he gets a lot of yellows. 

As games come thick and fast his presence could be important in away games.  

• Like 2

I think Johnson going is a great call. He looked way out of his depth and was awful in the early season games I recall. 

Really promising when we are shifting the poor players in January rather than decent ones as had been in the case of windows gone by.