onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

3 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Maybe have to see how Garrity's injury pans out, hopefully precautionary yesterday but if he does miss a few games then Politic may get his chance.  I've not been too impressed with Jake Taylor when he's played, still looks a bit unfit to me.

I’d be fairly sure Politic, normally an attacking wide player, wouldn’t come in as a straight swap for Garrity, we’d have to change the system.  He came on as a last ditch throw of the dice, pretty much an additional forward.  We won’t be that gung-ho at the start of a game.

Jake Taylor did well I thought, picked the ball up and drove forward a few times and nicked the ball off their players a couple of times too.  The thing is they all need games to get fully fit.  Taylor is only just back to playing 90 minutes in the occasional reserve game so I’m not sure what you expect.  You could say the same about Gibbo, he’s a few weeks in front of Taylor but we still have to sub him off at the mo.

Jake and Tom have been excellent so far and our midfield is far better than it’s been for sometime and there’s strength on the bench as well. 
If my memory serves me correct we’re we not trying to sign the Orient keeper in the summer or was that just what ppl wanted on OVF. I’d imagine after the abuse he received yesterday then he’s glad he never came to us. I know others have already stated this on OVF, I can only apologise for the idiots who have done what they’ve done and say that these are a minority and don’t represent the majority of PVFC fans our club or our City. 

10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Have our chances of signing Cass improved with the influx of Saudi cash into Newcastle United?

Quoted as now being the richest club in Europe or even the whole of Football. So I would image their whole squad including the first team are now classed as Peasants that the Club can now afford to get rid of. Lol

30 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Quoted as now being the richest club in Europe or even the whole of Football. So I would image their whole squad including the first team are now classed as Peasants that the Club can now afford to get rid of. Lol

Add up the wealth of the owners of the ten next richest clubs and it still doesn’t get anywhere near to the same level as Newcastle.

4FC80C5A-7D62-4E7B-8D37-04BDF63D52C9.jpeg

36 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

well have cass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd hope Cass has the brains to join us and not do something daft like Mitch Clarke did.

Surely the chance of him breaking through at Newcastle are non-existent now - ie why play an unknown youngster when you can go and buy an international for £40m?

C'mon Cassy, do the sensible thing!

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I'd hope Cass has the brains to join us and not do something daft like Mitch Clarke did.

Surely the chance of him breaking through at Newcastle are non-existent now - ie why play an unknown youngster when you can go and buy an international for £40m?

C'mon Cassy, do the sensible thing!

Totally agree,i would think that the chances of them now promoting their younger players into the first team are zero

We will certainly be in for him and for me the only problem we would face is if other clubs come in for him but he does like it here as does Politic and getting promoted would certainly help in both cases imo

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Tbf to Mitch Clark, he went and trained at one of the top teams in the country for years, earned loads, and is now at a club who are top 10 in League 1, whilst still only being 22. Certainly hasn't gone badly for him.

Not really taken any notice but has he been playing?

He probably cost himself a move here tbh

I think I’d be tempted to sell Devante in January if any club comes in for him. He’s reported as being a saleable asset and with Wilson/Proctor being first choice, I’d put Amoo above Devante. I know this will leave us with only three forwards but I think Taylor or Politic could fill the fourth striker role, until the end of the season. Hopefully by then we’d be promoted. This is not an anti Devante post because I have only positive things to say about him for what he did for us last season and I will not forget those dark times, which he pulled us through.
My thoughts may be a bit radical for some, but any alternative opinions would be great to hear. 

Archived