Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Anyone think the other signing could be to make Politic's loan into a perm?

I’m unconvinced we will push the button on Politic UNLESS another rival comes to buy him, which I don’t see happening. Its also clear Evatt doesn’t want him back.

DC is on record saying he can only play in a 3 up front which limits his chances to start. Great impact player but generally struggles when starting. I can’t see us spending this seasons budget to make it permanent. 

Edited by MBE
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I’m unconvinced we will push the button on Politic UNLESS another rival comes to buy him, which I don’t see happening. Its also clear Evatt doesn’t want him back.

DC is on record saying he can only play in a 3 up front which limits his chances to start. Great impact player but generally struggles when starting. I can’t see us spending this seasons budget to make it permanent. 

If we do get the chance, this time, it may be the only chance we get? He's still young - pretty sure we can develop this talent into a system that suits him and the club? 

Advert:

45 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

If we do get the chance, this time, it may be the only chance we get? He's still young - pretty sure we can develop this talent into a system that suits him and the club? 

Undoubtedly a lot of potential. In the summer preparing to play in L1(hopefully) you would like to think we would be in pole position to sign him unless someone decides to pay ridiculous wages.

• Like 1

Stevenage doing interesting business early doors. I think Micheal Bostick would have been a good option for us if we could have taken him on a short term deal until the summer.

• Like 1

Like this signing, let's back the lad & build up his confidence. He's 20 years old, has played for his country at Youth level & has been loaned out at League 1 level, so could be seen as something of a coup for us to get him.

Good luck Ryan, we will back you all the way lad👍🏼

• Like 9

Smart signing is Edmondson. He’s out of contract in the summer, and there is a very slim chance of him going back to Leeds and earning a new contract. So, if he plays well and scores the goals, we have a great chance of signing him permanently. 

For me, we are an experienced ST and CB away from a real push for the top 3. I think we will get both of these. 

It could all be rumours, but I’ve heard numerous times that we have paid a 6 figure fee for ST scoring goals at this level - before people jump on me, I’m not on about Telford because there is zero chance of that happening. Let’s see what happens.

Nevertheless, happy with Edmondson and I firmly believe it’s an upgrade on Lloyd. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Smart signing is Edmondson. He’s out of contract in the summer, and there is a very slim chance of him going back to Leeds and earning a new contract. So, if he plays well and scores the goals, we have a great chance of signing him permanently. 
For me, we are an experienced ST and CB away from a real push for the top 3. I think we will get both of these. 
It could all be rumours, but I’ve heard numerous times that we have paid a 6 figure fee for ST scoring goals at this level - before people jump on me, I’m not on about Telford because there is zero chance of that happening. Let’s see what happens.
Nevertheless, happy with Edmondson and I firmly believe it’s an upgrade on Lloyd. 
I think someone posted above that he's got 2years left on his contract.

It be fair I thought Ben G was a <ovf censored> signing...wrong and George L was a good bit business....wrong. I know nothing that proves,  but the new lad has ability, he gets my support and I trust the process .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
7 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

I think someone posted above that he's got 2years left on his contract.

Ah yes you're right. I'd seen it elsewhere that his contract expired this summer, but it actually runs until summer 2023

7 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

I agree with what you say here but i will be very surprised if we spend a six figure fee on a goal scorer from this league(if we sell someone then who knows) but right now i doubt it,spending a fee though yes we will.

Advert:

Interesting from twitter, but why would he need to extend a loan that already goes to the end of the year? And why would we need an option to buy when he's already out of contract? Screenshot_20220105_083015.thumb.jpg.92905009f2432b7bce511019259354c2.jpg

Depends what it says in the loan deal, will cover all options.

Interesting from twitter, but why would he need to extend a loan that already goes to the end of the year? And why would we need an option to buy when he's already out of contract? Screenshot_20220105_083015.thumb.jpg.92905009f2432b7bce511019259354c2.jpg

He’s under 24 but that Twitter account only been open a few days and only has 21 tweets