Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Just in case anyone's interested, he is cup-tied as he played for Fleetwood in round one, so we will have to wait a few more days to see him in a Vale shirt.

• Confused 1

Advert:

With a congested January he will get his chance to play, no doubt at all there. Looks a bit like a James Wilson type, hasn't been prolific scoring goals but there is a talent there and hasn't reached near his potential yet, both have played at Aberdeen too. Not that it's relevant, just an observation. 😀

To add to the views of Leeds fans... I work with one who said pretty much the same as those mentioned already.

"Explains why his Fleetwood loan was cut short. Wasn't getting much game time there. Was touted as pushing Bamford in the first team when we were in the championship, but never pushed on due to injuries."

Sounds like a decent enough replacement for Lloyd.... an young player with some league experience with a potential upside if he settles well.

Welcome Ryan.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, MBE said:

Looks like a replacement for Lloyd and gives us a bit of breathing room up front. Would love to see another  striker in by the end of the window along with CB.

We will be bringing in another striker and he will be the one who is more experienced than this lad and who could cost a fee but talk of Telford or costing 100k is a tad ott imo

53 minutes ago, robf said:

Just in case anyone's interested, he is cup-tied as he played for Fleetwood in round one, so we will have to wait a few more days to see him in a Vale shirt.

Damn it! We really could have used him on Sat.

Good luck Ryan, work hard and the Vale fans will appreciate you. I hope you read in the small print that promotion this season is part of the deal - no pressure, but a double figure goals return between now and May would be useful. Cheers fella.

• Like 3

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

We will be bringing in another striker and he will be the one who is more experienced than this lad and who could cost a fee but talk of Telford or costing 100k is a tad ott imo

Telford is pie in the sky stuff for me too but I do think we need to get an experienced forward. We are asking a lot of both Wilo and Proc to hit the ground running whilst coming back from longer term injuries. Rodney or Amoo both have done a good job filling in both neither are strikers.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

I signed him on Football Manager and he cost me promotion after missing a penalty in the play off final. He's crap. Send him back.

Sounds like bad management to me? Shouldn't have put that pressure on a young lad!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Advert:

Just now, valeparklife said:

Anyone think the other signing could be to make Politic's loan into a perm?

Yes...but are we classing him as a striker? I thought it might be Politic and an experienced striker?

I like this Edmundson signing!

Rated by Leeds fans

Contract up at the end of the season

20 years old, so lots of room to develop

Experience at L1 level (in struggling teams)

6'2 so a big unit - won't be phased by men's football

• Like 1