Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

I was underwhelmed when Vale signed Lloyd in the summer but changed my mind to a large extent with his wholehearted performances when he got the chance. The one thing he appeared to lack was a clinical finish and hence goals so I'm hoping a Lge 1 class striker is signed with a decent goal scoring record to get Vale over the line.

Vale have to guard against further injury to Proctor and/or Wilson by signing a goal scoring striker,  it's a must if Vale are going to get into the top 3.

• Like 2

McKirdy wasn’t the right character and the fact is DC even had a look and didn’t fancy him, we have Garrity firing who Oldham fans didn’t rate, some clubs it works out some it doesn’t, he is a maverick, not really what we are about here.

Have to see if he keeps it up at Swindon or if he goes back to type.

In terms of Micky Adams he was great, old school which was accepted and most players loved him and talk about that dressing room with Collins, Haldane, Rico, Boom and Doddsy. He didn’t take <ovf censored> and I don’t believe for a minute they were ever transfer listed.. he was wrong on Morsy but Christ Sir Alex let Pique leave who turned into one of the great centre halves and signed Bebe! He got more right than wrong.

To topic, no idea if we are in for Telford but even if we attempt and are unsuccessful at least it shows our ambition rather than sniffing around someone released from Colchester or Macclesfield. I trust them to get it right and it’s exciting to see who gets signed these days.

31 minutes ago, KingRay said:

Just heard that Darlington expect to lose Luke Charman to a league 2 side. No information on which side. Could fit our profile.

Rochdale and Bradford have been watching him according to this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, connor hackett said:

I'd be "pleasantly suprised" if anyone on here manages to guess who we are trying to sign this January. We were miles off on the summer signings, Mal Benning apart. No doubt there will be howls of derision about players we know nothing about. Another Proctor or Garrity will do for me, oh and a Bob Hazel type centre half if I'm being greedy.

Wilson was predicted a lot. Covolan was known before he signed. Johnson was known for a while. I think Martin too, remember reading that we were signing a CB who last played in Scotland. Then obviously the Benning rumours were loud.

Edited by Joe B

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

...Covolan was known before he signed....Then obviously the Benning rumours were loud.

I think we were hoping / expecting Monsieur Vigouroux? And, even a week before he signed, there were "those in the know" who knew Benning was definitely going to Lge 1? 

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

Just let people discuss what they want.

If people want to engage in debates on McKirdy or whatever, or fanciful rumours, let it happen.

We haven't played in nearly a month. We can't start a new thread for every slight digression. Be boring. Let folk have an e-scrap imo.

Lets just scrap threads altogether then yea and have one thread called port vale or whatever and we can just all chat <ovf censored>? Threads have titles for a reason,so you can choose what you want to read or post on.... I am sure the majority look at the title which says transfer rumours and come on just for that reason and not to read 40 posts on how mckirdy is doing for swindon..just my opinion of course.

As for rumours i will be amazed if we pay anywhere near 100k for a player without selling Conlon first,I am certain we will pay a fee but not that big bearing in mind we could be signing Politic and maybe Cass who would cost fees as well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Lets just scrap threads altogether then yea and have one thread called port vale or whatever and we can just all chat <ovf censored>? Threads have titles for a reason,so you can choose what you want to read or post on.... I am sure the majority look at the title which says transfer rumours and come on just for that reason and not to read 40 posts on how mckirdy is doing for swindon..just my opinion of course.

As for rumours i will be amazed if we pay anywhere near 100k for a player without selling Conlon first,I am certain we will pay a fee but not that big bearing in mind we could be signing Politic and maybe Cass who would cost fees as well

Spot on 

Advert:

If we're signing a striker from the NL for a fee, it will be from one of the clubs not throwing stupid money at promotion. Looking at the top scorer list, that will be someone like Campbell or Kretzschmar from Woking or Andrews from Aldershot. 
The rest on the list, sort of reminds of the latest episode of 'Class of '92', when Richie Wellens sees their budget for the first time, and simply says; "this is absolutely crazy! I've never seen anything even close to  this in League 2 before!". 😅

• Like 2

Aren't they also paying ridiculous wages? Maybe not as stupid as Wrexham or Chesterfield, but in that ballpark?
We have signed players from Salford who do that sort of thing, but January is a tricky time to sign players. We can only wait and speculate.

Aren't they also paying ridiculous wages? Maybe not as stupid as Wrexham or Chesterfield, but in that ballpark?
I would imagine our top ten league two budget is no where near the top ten national league budgets.
  • Like 1

Advert:

14 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Stockport aren't shy about flashing their wallets either but all four clubs are entitled to spend the cash when they are all getting gates over 8,000.

32 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Stockport aren't shy about flashing their wallets either but all four clubs are entitled to spend the cash when they are all getting gates over 8,000.

I agree but only 2 will be coming up so quite a gamble. Funny if Boreham Wood and Halifax come up.

• Like 1