Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

There is no bait. There has been no football to watch and no sign  of any transfer activity so people are drifting away from the point. It is a forum after all. 

'No sign of any transfer activity '? We're TWO DAYS into January and Monday is a bank holiday. I don't anticipate hearing anything until the middle of the month. 

Yes, we're all anticipating something happening given the statements made by Clarke and Garlick. But let's not act like kids waiting for Christmas to come. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heatwave said:

'No sign of any transfer activity '? We're TWO DAYS into January and Monday is a bank holiday. I don't anticipate hearing anything until the middle of the month. 

Yes, we're all anticipating something happening given the statements made by Clarke and Garlick. But let's not act like kids waiting for Christmas to come. 

I wasn't...

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I guess it depends what you want to watch. The DC approach is that players are a commodity to be bought and sold when required. Tell them what to do and leave nothing to their imagination. That may or may not get results but some people like a bit of character like Monty or McKirdy. Micky Adams type of management was able to control such players and get the best out of them. Bit more rollercoaster but more entertaining to watch.

But not Morsy, eh? 

Advert:

Advert:

Just let people discuss what they want.

If people want to engage in debates on McKirdy or whatever, or fanciful rumours, let it happen.

We haven't played in nearly a month. We can't start a new thread for every slight digression. Be boring. Let folk have an e-scrap imo.

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I guess it depends what you want to watch. The DC approach is that players are a commodity to be bought and sold when required. Tell them what to do and leave nothing to their imagination. That may or may not get results but some people like a bit of character like Monty or McKirdy. Micky Adams type of management was able to control such players and get the best out of them. Bit more rollercoaster but more entertaining to watch.

Many of the commodity say that the team spirit and dressing room relationships are the best they have experienced.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

For heaven's sake - it's the second of bloody January and a bank holiday - what did you expect?????

I wasn't expecting any activity, just explaining that there wasn't much to talk about with regards to football so people were digressing. 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you learn from them which counts. Am I not entitled to the opinion that Clarke is a mediocre manager? I like your optimism but I will be pleasantly surprised if we get promotion. 

'Pleasantly surprised if we get promotion'

What?

'Pleasant?' 

Pleasant is something I use to describe the weather. 

If we got promotion, I won't be using the word 'pleasant' to describe my emotions or feelings. 

I must admit that I did believe that you were a Vale fan but with a different outlook to many others (which of course you are entitled to) but after this I have my doubts????

Maybe you've made the wrong word choices. I don't know???? But 'Pleasantly surprised' Spiders!

• Like 2

I'd be "pleasantly suprised" if anyone on here manages to guess who we are trying to sign this January. We were miles off on the summer signings, Mal Benning apart. No doubt there will be howls of derision about players we know nothing about. Another Proctor or Garrity will do for me, oh and a Bob Hazel type centre half if I'm being greedy.

• Like 7