Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Mckirdeys had one good game and some people think we should have kept him. Typical really because some fans are more obsessed with what we didn’t do rather than what we did and how well  the new signings have done for us. 

• Like 2

Advert:

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I just hope we all dont go in to meltdown if we dont sign Telford or another striker doing well in this league

Good point, Jan is a notoriously difficult time to find good players at the right price. 

I can’t see it being Telford at all.

People may be a little underwhelmed if that’s their expectations and as we know there is always a select special few willing to put the shoe into the club at any opportunity.

Hopefully the majority will see the merit of what we are trying to do.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Treating players as a commodity:

Adams - put the whole lot up for sale (the very definition of the word)

Askey - ruined Tom Popes life by treating him so badly according to Tom

Askey - binned of Ben Whitfield, who had the flair we apparently are desperate for, because he couldn’t control him

Askey - Deregistered McKirdy for the same reason

DC - built the BEST dressing room a number of the players have been involved in.

As for what I would rather watch… a well organised team with a win ratio of nearly 50% rather than a team at the bottom of the league that nearly got relegated 3 times with Monty making a flair run once every 9 games.

UTV

Adams putting the entire team in the transfer list was just brilliant management. He singled no-one out and gave them all the opportunity to prove him wrong.

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

Adams putting the entire team in the transfer list was just brilliant management. He singled no-one out and gave them all the opportunity to prove him wrong.

Let's talk about Sam Morsy shall we?

I continue to find your attitude towards the manager to be a bit odd if I'm honest and just wonder what you'll be saying, or not, when we get promoted under DC.

• Like 9

Advert:

Just now, Doha said:

I continue to find your attitude towards the manager to be a bit odd if I'm honest and just wonder what you'll be saying, or not, when we get promoted under DC.

Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you learn from them which counts. Am I not entitled to the opinion that Clarke is a mediocre manager? I like your optimism but I will be pleasantly surprised if we get promotion. 

33 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Mckirdeys had one good game and some people think we should have kept him. Typical really because some fans are more obsessed with what we didn’t do rather than what we did and how well  the new signings have done for us. 

I am happy he left and dont think it was a mistake letting him go as it obviously wasnt working out for us. 

was more making the point that dont think askey was a good enough manager to make it work and then I think the situation was too far gone when clarkey came in for it to be salvaged

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Bit nasty isn’t it though? 

Not that I'm going to put to much into the Pope interview. But people just have to remember, that a case will always be framed, so the "I" comes out looking like the victim. I guess that's why you say; there is always 3 sides to every story. In this case; Popes, Askeys and the truth. 😊

• Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ahhhh good point, I had forgotten about that one.

Its football… until you have a vendetta against the manager.

Nowt as queer as folk!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you learn from them which counts. Am I not entitled to the opinion that Clarke is a mediocre manager? I like your optimism but I will be pleasantly surprised if we get promotion. 

How did Adams learn from that Morsy mistake, did he admit he got it wrong? I don't remember it if so.

Speaking of which, have you put your hand up and admitted you were wrong yet about his man management yet in relation to all the press briefings from players saying it's a brilliant dressing room atmopshere, the best they've been in?

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I'm not entirely sure it's based on reality given his history of promotions, the ridiculous turn around and winning run last year and our success so far this season but you're entitled to think it.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

How did Adams learn from that Morsy mistake, did he admit he got it wrong? I don't remember it if so.

Speaking of which, have you put your hand up and admitted you were wrong yet about his man management yet in relation to all the press briefings from players saying it's a brilliant dressing room atmopshere, the best they've been in?

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I'm not entirely sure it's based on reality given his history of promotions, the ridiculous turn around and winning run last year and our success so far this season but you're entitled to think it.

His history of promotions only shows one promotion from League 2. We have achieved nothing yet this season. 

No then.

I think that you think you're being tongue in cheek and funny with some of the contrarian stuff. I think everyone else thinks it's a bit sad.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

His history of promotions only shows one promotion from League 2. We have achieved nothing yet this season. 

2 promotions with Bristol Rovers, not many teams bounce back from the National

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Cobblers view. Swindon had played a game last week, Cobblers not for 3 weeks

As usual loads of Ads

I worry about that myself… first game back we will be rusty as anything!