Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

11 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Does anyone know when Proctor/Wilson will be fit.?

It's all guesswork and surmising mate.

Wilson was Nov 13th which makes it 7 weeks this Saturday v Harrogate.  Then he's got to get back up to speed. Maybe early February? I'm no fracture expert so purely guessing. 

Proctor I sadly don't expect to see for a longer period.  

• Like 1

Advert:

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Wilson was Nov 13th which makes it 7 weeks this Saturday v Harrogate.  Then he's got to get back up to speed. Maybe early February? I'm no fracture expert so purely guessing. 

ask the media dept!!

22 minutes ago, WV said:

There are teams like Salford, Fleetwood and more that show it can be done if done right as well.  Wrexham have got a couple of mega rich owners that seem genuinely happy to own a football club. I would imagine they want to leave a legacy of success. 

Wrexham also have the addition of historically a better fanbase than any of the recent bankrolled sides who have made league football.  Although they will get people who knock them if/when they get back in the league saying they've only achieved it because of the holywood pairs money, at least they have invested in a club with history and a fanbase.  I'm pleased for Wrexham's genuine supporters and they'd be more of an asset back in league football than some of the crappy away followings we get at Vale.

Edited by Shropshire_Valiant
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

Your a better fan than me never heard of either of these guys but I think Wrexham is a train wreck waiting to happen its proven you cant guarantee anything by spending big ( bury.derby.everton )

Possibly but as WV has said their owners seem genuine so unless at some point they get bored or pull the plug, even then you'd think they'd do the decent thing and sell it to someone reputable. Time will tell I guess! 

Wrexham's genuine fans have been through some dire stuff(like ourselves) with poor owners and running of the club on and off the pitch so good luck to them in one sense(apart from if they should play Vale in the next few seasons of course!😁)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Darren, i didn’t know that. I think we need to buy two forwards and a centre back, even though I’m no fan of the January transfer window. The reason being clubs don’t want to sell their decent players. I might have interpreted it wrongly, but the noise coming out of the club would suggest that they have everything in place to sign new players in January. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Anyone heard/seen any names banded about or linked to us? 

I see Wrexham are likely to be splashing the cash again in the national league, they've been linked with a couple of the top performers this season in that league Tahvon Campbell(winger at Woking) and Sbarra(midfielder at Solihull Moors).  Not sure we desparately need a player in either of those positions(although I always say you can never have too many players who can score goals) or we'd compete with Wrexham's clout but would be nice to be in with a chance of players of this ilk.

A CB and out and out striker you'd have thought would be top of the list.

Campbell I believe has been playing up top this season,its wiki who have him down as a winger

Unless Scunny are completely skint they could be signing their own death warrant to non league?(i can understand he's out of contract and may not sign another) but when you're where they are in the league losing one of your main sources for goals(in a struggling side) seems a bit daft!

I'd take him at Vale tbf, good target man type striker who with decent service might score a few more.

Advert:

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ryan Loft for £50k feels like a good signing!

.... could always hijack the deal if our management team feel he is worth it.  It would give Loft a choice to make....struggling Colchester or on-the-up vale.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

.... could always hijack the deal if our management team feel he is worth it.  It would give Loft a choice to make....struggling Colchester or on-the-up vale.

Also though I feel with our recruitment we are possibly looking at players who can play in League one.  Can't comment if Loft fits that criteria as don't know much about him . 

Advert:

6 hours ago, FriedRice said:

Come on now tis the season of goodwill they got around to telling us Rochdale was off 24 hours after the news broke and tbf they have to report the really important stuff like stokies wanting lou macari to be knighted and 8110 drivers got caught speeding between Hanchurch and Wolstanton in a 15 month period

macari knighted? not before sir john!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:

Any links you can post on here valeparklife?
I think this Jan has the potential to be a very interesting one… lots will depend on who leaves and how much we can get for them.
Sorry no names, just a lot of hear say from a few saying there will be a lot going on this January, and there will be some nice surprises. Start the rumour mill!

It's nice that we've actually got a recruitment plan and actually scout players now.

Recruitment previously just always felt like someone would phone us up offering a player and we'd just take it from there.

I'm enjoying how proactive we are in that respect!
  • Like 2

13 goals and 13 assists for Captain Tom since the start of last year!

How much do we reckon the fee should be if we were to sell?

Anything less than 500k and I would be disappointed. But given the professional nature of our football team these days the idea of getting more than that doesn’t seem crazy! Well played to DC, Flickers and the Pruhcess for getting him signed up long term as a key priority!

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 3