Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I thought it was in a Vale interview? Possibly by DC? And it was mentioned that bonuses are going in to a pot to be shared out at the end of the season?

I think he said that the players only want bonuses when they sit in the top 3 or 7 cant remember which

Also no matter what is printed i very much doubt DC will be telling the press what his players earn and if he did he isn't going say our better paid players are on 4k or anyone looking at joining us will be asking for big wages.

I will just add that anyone(not directed at you mate) who thinks that Pett is on 600 a week is very very very gullible imo

• Haha 1

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That’s the traditional model but more and more it’s moving to different approaches.

Stoke for example had no bonus for a win in the championship… which worked out well.

The vale players this year only get the win bonus if they are in the playoff positions or above.

There could very well be a central pot of bonuses. 

You’re right the players get their game win bonuses only if they are in the top 7.  Their individual bonuses (goals for example) are paid no matter where they are in the league. Getting promoted is a set figure split between them at the end of the season. Also cup runs get a bonus too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Won’t happen. No way are you going to see players putting their own individual bonuses in a pot to share with everyone else. 

If they get promoted then as a team they get a share of a bonus amount which is based on appearances. 

Depends on club policy, would be part of signing for the club, would take a season or two to implement. We are a club that is changing and moving up, if player team cohesion is a priority who knows. Not our business to know the details it is the results that make us happy or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I wouldn't believe everything that is written in articles claiming to list all players wages tbh

I did read somewhere, can't remember where, but do remember that it was an authoritative source (interview with DC?), that the top wage at the Vale is £1875 pw. I'm guessing bonuses are on top of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

15 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I did read somewhere, can't remember where, but do remember that it was an authoritative source (interview with DC?), that the top wage at the Vale is £1875 pw. I'm guessing bonuses are on top of that. 

Wilson hasn’t come here for £1875 pw. 

• Like 1

It depends on context of wages, I’d be surprised if we pulled in Wilson on that as Salford were paying ridiculous wages (look at Class of 92 full time and Wellens is stunned by their wages).

I imagine maybe a base wage but various incentives on top such as appearance fees, goal bonus etc to make it up. Which is a good model if so as encourages better performances rather than “here is £4k” and a player knows he’s paid that regardless of effort.

If you read that site last season players like Worrall had a higher wage last season and we had a number on £2.4k so who knows.

Advert:

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

I thought it was Colin Garlick who stated that

• Like 1

Probably out of our reach too but is there a 6 month loan deal for Matty Taylor that could be done?

Scored goals for fun at Rovers under DC (61 in 118 games).

Hes 31 and only played 4 times for Oxford in league 1 this year. He signed a 3 year deal in 2020 so a cheeky 6 month loan spell to fire his old boss to promotion could be just right kick start his career.

One can but dream.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Probably out of our reach too but is there a 6 month loan deal for Matty Taylor that could be done?

Scored goals for fun at Rovers under DC (61 in 118 games).

Hes 31 and only played 4 times for Oxford in league 1 this year. He signed a 3 year deal in 2020 so a cheeky 6 month loan spell to fire his old boss to promotion could be just right kick start his career.

One can but dream.

Taylor is top scorer with 11 and has played 20 times this season so far

Advert:

3 hours ago, llcoolj said:

I thought it was Colin Garlick who stated that

“I’ve had so much adversity in football, picking myself up, taking Rovers up, that’s a helluva thing. Oxford took four years to get out [back into EFL]. Luton took five years. Wrexham are there 13 years, Stockport are there [since 2011-12]. We did it year one and on a £900,000 budget. It’s crazy the money now in the Conference. Stockport had a player on £3,000 a week. Solihull Moors put a player on £3,000 a week.”
In League Two, at Vale, Clarke has cut the wage bill. “The top wage here is £1,850,” he says. “Me and ‘Flickers’ [David Flitcroft], the director of football, we’re trying to build an even wage cap, £1,000 to £1,850.”
ARCHIVE.MD

• Like 2