• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

23 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Had to recall him because of players going down with covid in the squad so that we could have enough to try and get games on. The league supposedly say you can recall players in this situation. 

Would that mean that every club who has loan player out there need to recall them all?

Advert:

Advert:

Danny Whitehead truly the Christmas miracle and inspiration we all need. 

If he can be a professional footballer then this unfit 30 year old with a dad bod still has a chance at making it big time. I'll dust my boots out. 

Seriously though, I'll give him all my Christmas money , leftover turkey and the Christmas cheese if he stays away from Burslem. 

Advert:

14 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

Not sure they could even find it out even if it was true wouldnt a club or agent keep it quiet so contracts could be confidential until it was up so there wasnt a bidding war

I do find all this excessive secrecy concerning wages, a bit over the top. It's easier finding nuclear launch codes, than the wages of a footballer.

No, I don't think it's anyones business, but then again, as I said, the secrecy is a bit over the top. 

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I wouldn't believe everything that is written in articles claiming to list all players wages tbh

I thought it was in a Vale interview? Possibly by DC? And it was mentioned that bonuses are going in to a pot to be shared out at the end of the season?

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I thought it was in a Vale interview? Possibly by DC? And it was mentioned that bonuses are going in to a pot to be shared out at the end of the season?

Bonuses aren’t shared out of a pot. Players get bonuses every month for their goals, clean sheets or win bonuses. The only bonus that would come at the end of the season is if they went up and the squad gets a share based on appearances. 

I do find all this excessive secrecy concerning wages, a bit over the top. It's easier finding nuclear launch codes, than the wages of a footballer.
No, I don't think it's anyones business, but then again, as I said, the secrecy is a bit over the top. 
Wages are confidential and should stay that way. When they are discussed it causes discord amongst employees, gives the players on lower wages a stronger negotiating position and increases agents influence. If 10 players manage to get just an extra £100 a week that an extra £50000 or 160 season tickets we have to sell, or an average player instead of a star player.
  • Like 1

Advert:

Bonuses aren’t shared out of a pot. Players get bonuses every month for their goals, clean sheets or win bonuses. The only bonus that would come at the end of the season is if they went up and the squad gets a share based on appearances. 
Nothing to stop players putting all the bonuses into a pot if they want to. Would have to agree who was entitled to shares based on say appearances or time on the pitch, if goals or clean sheets were a team achievement not an individuals. Player contracts may need to be changed, could take a couple of seasons to change the system. Upto the club management if the want to go that way.
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Nothing to stop players putting all the bonuses into a pot if they want to. Would have to agree who was entitled to shares based on say appearances or time on the pitch, if goals or clean sheets were a team achievement not an individuals. Player contracts may need to be changed, could take a couple of seasons to change the system. Upto the club management if the want to go that way.

Won’t happen. No way are you going to see players putting their own individual bonuses in a pot to share with everyone else. 

If they get promoted then as a team they get a share of a bonus amount which is based on appearances. 

Edited by PV1973

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

That’s the traditional model but more and more it’s moving to different approaches.

Stoke for example had no bonus for a win in the championship… which worked out well.

The vale players this year only get the win bonus if they are in the playoff positions or above.

There could very well be a central pot of bonuses. 

• Thanks 1