Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, maccapvfc said:

As much as I would love to see Norwood coming to Vale as a short term option to cover the injuries we've now got to our two main front men, DC puts a lot of emphasis on character - so would he fit within that ethos, given the comments on his off the field issues? just to add, I don't think we'll have any chance of getting him given his current wages but we may have held some funds back ready for January to invest depending on where we are, to try to push us on to gain Play Offs at the minimum. 

Exactly. Isn't he a bit of a pleb. Drink driving and bit of a wide boy. 40 month driving ban he received which given our pathetic justice system is some hit. 

It's not the type of ' character' I see Clarke wanting 

Really it's a case of making do anyway now. January is loan time by which time Proctor will be back .

Advert:

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Wouldn't get a loan in until January. It would have to be like Robinson where he became a free agent following contract termination. 

The likelihood of anybody remotely decent still not having a club at the end of November is minimal. 

It would be as you say an out of contract player or somebody similar to Eagles or Bikey who have been playing in Tanzania or Tuvalu 

Advert:

I’d take Jake Beesley from Rochdale who scored against us if we could get him. He looked very useful I thought, although the 18 months he’ll have left on his contract will cost.
If we'd have signed Beesley instead of Rochdale, there would have been the meltdown to end all meltdowns with his prior goal record!
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, valeparklife said:
On 18/11/2021 at 23:24, Biddulph_PV said:
I’d take Jake Beesley from Rochdale who scored against us if we could get him. He looked very useful I thought, although the 18 months he’ll have left on his contract will cost.

If we'd have signed Beesley instead of Rochdale, there would have been the meltdown to end all meltdowns with his prior goal record!

Can he defend?

5 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Can he defend?

Most Vale fans were screaming for us to sign a forward when Wilson joined Proctor on the sick bench. Realistically  if we are to chase a promotion spot we absolutely first of all need a big, ugly, nasty header and ruffian of a player in the centre of our soft defence.

• Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, smada said:
33 minutes ago, Hoppers said:
Also, I think we have missed Proctor as a makeshift defender when set pieces are conceded around our box 

When you don't have Peoxtor and Wilson in the team that's 2 6ft plus players missing when defending.

It’s a fair point but it doesn’t matter if you’re 7ft 2 if you don’t mark your opponent.   The first goal was shambolic defending,  the Sproson statue would’ve offered more.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 1

On 08/10/2021 at 16:33, Playa Amodores said:

I think I’d be tempted to sell Devante in January if any club comes in for him. He’s reported as being a saleable asset and with Wilson/Proctor being first choice, I’d put Amoo above Devante. I know this will leave us with only three forwards but I think Taylor or Politic could fill the fourth striker role, until the end of the season. Hopefully by then we’d be promoted. This is not an anti Devante post because I have only positive things to say about him for what he did for us last season and I will not forget those dark times, which he pulled us through.
My thoughts may be a bit radical for some, but any alternative opinions would be great to hear. 

He was hit and miss last season, but definitely showed promise. So far this season he's been a disaster. There could be various reasons for that, but what he's currently producing isn't anywhere near good enough for any side wanting out of this league. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. He's not a kid learning the game.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

1 hour ago, robf said:

Yep, I think Leon will start against Walsall too 😉

Not sure I agree, Smith has to come back in, I felt a bag of nerves when Leon came on, stupid free kick that he gave away for their winning goal.  If we bring Legge in as well as Smith, we have to ditch our 3 at the back, Smith can't play on the right or left of a back 3.

7 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Not sure I agree, Smith has to come back in, I felt a bag of nerves when Leon came on, stupid free kick that he gave away for their winning goal.  If we bring Legge in as well as Smith, we have to ditch our 3 at the back, Smith can't play on the right or left of a back 3.

I wouldn't play Legge in place of Smith, I'd play Legge, Jones and Smith.

I like Cass and he's got a lot of potential but I felt two of the goals came from him not clearing when the ball came in his zone (I may be wrong on that but that's what I felt at the time). 

Smith has played RB before so I can't see why he can't play on the right of Leon in a back three. 

• Like 1