Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Do you think? Maybe I'm missing something. As I say, I like him but if we're looking at League One, I think we should possibly be looking for better.

Personally I think he’s a league 1 player and has and is capable of changing games. I’d do everything possible to sign him (I highly doubt Bolton will want him to leave though)

• Like 1

Much more confident of getting Cass than Politic, although again Politic has annoyed Evett by rejecting their contract offer and I’ve heard he’s really enjoying being here. Arm around the gaffer in that MOTM photo beaming his head off. Keep turning the screw Carol! 

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Just noticed local lad Theo Vassell has signed for Salford.

Wasn't as bad as some of us thought , myself included. 

Still think of his bizarre behaviour at Macc away though where he acted like a complete plonker .

Salford pot running dry I wonder . 

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Wasn't as bad as some of us thought , myself included. 

Still think of his bizarre behaviour at Macc away though where he acted like a complete plonker .

Salford pot running dry I wonder . 

Never seen anyone shift up the tunnel quite so fast after trying to give it the big un. 

Dreadful performance but Theo's daft badge kissing and the Macc players picking up bank notes Vale fans had thrown at them as they walked off makes it memorable I suppose. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Never seen anyone shift up the tunnel quite so fast after trying to give it the big un. 

Dreadful performance but Theo's daft badge kissing and the Macc players picking up bank notes Vale fans had thrown at them as they walked off makes it memorable I suppose. 

What that about, first time I’ve heard of Vale fans throwing bank notes at Macc players.

15 minutes ago, Conrad said:

What that about, first time I’ve heard of Vale fans throwing bank notes at Macc players.

They were about to go bust so after giving it the big un at full time to vale fans stood near the tunnel welcoming them in, some people made donations. 

4 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Why not? We have new owners now, remember 😉 It seems he likes it here, so maybe...

Would love to think so, but why would he turn down a contract at Bolton (where he was a regular before his injury) to sign for us?

I think it's either an agent in his ear, or he's angling for a bigger club to get him on the cheap. 

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Would love to think so, but why would he turn down a contract at Bolton (where he was a regular before his injury) to sign for us?

I think it's either an agent in his ear, or he's angling for a bigger club to get him on the cheap. 

I know, just wishful thinking perhaps 🙂 Maybe there's something going on at Bolton we don't know about? But if we want to go into League 1 and actually stay there, for more than 1 season, it's players like Politic we need to sign.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Maybe he doesn't like it there for some reason? If he is happy and talk is he is then why not? Wont be cheap though as he is under 24 so would have to pay a fee regardless in the summer (so may as well offer a deal January if we decided that was the route to take)