Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Add up the wealth of the owners of the ten next richest clubs and it still doesn’t get anywhere near to the same level as Newcastle.

4FC80C5A-7D62-4E7B-8D37-04BDF63D52C9.jpeg

Jamal Khashoggi was reportedly murdered and dismembered by Saudi henchmen for voicing his opinions. I wonder how vocal Newcastle fans will dare to be should they go on an unlikely losing streak? (Sorry should this be in the political section)

5 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think I’d be tempted to sell Devante in January if any club comes in for him. 

I really rate Rodders. But he has been right off it so far this season. For whatever reason. I'd be more inclined to give him time to sort it out. 

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I really like Rodney, but I just don't see him being a big sale personally. I think we'd be lucky to get £100,000 for him.

And I don't mean this to be a diss but I think there is a lot that needs working on for him to reach that level! The raw attributes are there so I'd hope we can coach the rest out of him.

I agree. It is very rare any lower league 4th Div guy these days goes for a big fee unless an absolute prodigy. The best Rudge sales were in our Champ/league 1 level era. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree. It is very rare any lower league 4th Div guy these days goes for a big fee unless an absolute prodigy. The best Rudge sales were in our Champ/league 1 level era. 

Sadly the world we knew has changed in every aspect... everything bows to the  premier league greed machine. This is johnson's britain,be grateful for your crumbs. 

14 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I really like Rodney, but I just don't see him being a big sale personally. I think we'd be lucky to get £100,000 for him.

And I don't mean this to be a diss but I think there is a lot that needs working on for him to reach that level! The raw attributes are there so I'd hope we can coach the rest out of him.

Vale would be very disappointed to only get 100k for him,they have their sights set much higher and have another 18mths or so to try and get what they want but as i always say whatever we get we know will be reinvested into replacing him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree it is rare but Exeter for one seem to do very well with sell ons etc always included...they now have a 16yr old keeper being watched by Premier clubs,this is part of the model we are aiming for

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Anyone any idea who the trialist was in today's friendly vs Leicester? Walker replaced him...if that's any help?

According to the Sentinel he was replaced by the academy player John Clarke. Walker started and played throughout.

• Like 1

a little birdie overheard Aaron Martin and Legge talking down the gym last week with a certain Josh Gordon, looks as though it could be good news for both players. AM should be back for this weekend and Legge looked to have the brace off and targets a return in 2/3 weeks. better than December i suppose. here’s to us climbing this league 

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Whitehead has joined altrincham on a months loan. Good luck to them guess that’s closer to his level 

nice place to live