Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Have our chances of signing Cass improved with the influx of Saudi cash into Newcastle United?

Quoted as now being the richest club in Europe or even the whole of Football. So I would image their whole squad including the first team are now classed as Peasants that the Club can now afford to get rid of. Lol

Edited by butt lane vale fan

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Quoted as now being the richest club in Europe or even the whole of Football. So I would image their whole squad including the first team are now classed as Peasants that the Club can now afford to get rid of. Lol

Add up the wealth of the owners of the ten next richest clubs and it still doesn’t get anywhere near to the same level as Newcastle.

4FC80C5A-7D62-4E7B-8D37-04BDF63D52C9.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

well have cass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'd hope Cass has the brains to join us and not do something daft like Mitch Clarke did.

Surely the chance of him breaking through at Newcastle are non-existent now - ie why play an unknown youngster when you can go and buy an international for £40m?

C'mon Cassy, do the sensible thing!

• Like 1

Tbf to Mitch Clark, he went and trained at one of the top teams in the country for years, earned loads, and is now at a club who are top 10 in League 1, whilst still only being 22. Certainly hasn't gone badly for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I'd hope Cass has the brains to join us and not do something daft like Mitch Clarke did.

Surely the chance of him breaking through at Newcastle are non-existent now - ie why play an unknown youngster when you can go and buy an international for £40m?

Totally agree,i would think that the chances of them now promoting their younger players into the first team are zero

We will certainly be in for him and for me the only problem we would face is if other clubs come in for him but he does like it here as does Politic and getting promoted would certainly help in both cases imo

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Tbf to Mitch Clark, he went and trained at one of the top teams in the country for years, earned loads, and is now at a club who are top 10 in League 1, whilst still only being 22. Certainly hasn't gone badly for him.

Not really taken any notice but has he been playing?

He probably cost himself a move here tbh

I think I’d be tempted to sell Devante in January if any club comes in for him. He’s reported as being a saleable asset and with Wilson/Proctor being first choice, I’d put Amoo above Devante. I know this will leave us with only three forwards but I think Taylor or Politic could fill the fourth striker role, until the end of the season. Hopefully by then we’d be promoted. This is not an anti Devante post because I have only positive things to say about him for what he did for us last season and I will not forget those dark times, which he pulled us through.
My thoughts may be a bit radical for some, but any alternative opinions would be great to hear. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Rudgie swore by selling good players when they are playing well.

Think give Devante rest of season at least. He has the potential talent to be a 7 figure sale. IMO.

Andy, JR had to for us to survive. Thanks for the reply, it was only a suggestion. 

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

I didn't realise he'd signed for Accrington permanently! I thought he was still at Leicester U21's. My bad.

I've seen somewhere he's struggled with his mental health so I hope it all works out for him as I really liked him as a player.

5 hours ago, valeparklife said:

The kitman will be hired for £40m. £100m for a rotation player.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Rudgie swore by selling good players when they are playing well.

Think give Devante rest of season at least. He has the potential talent to be a 7 figure sale. IMO.

I really like Rodney, but I just don't see him being a big sale personally. I think we'd be lucky to get £100,000 for him.

And I don't mean this to be a diss but I think there is a lot that needs working on for him to reach that level! The raw attributes are there so I'd hope we can coach the rest out of him.

• Like 2

Even if Cass gets recalled to Newcastle - and I'm amazed he hasn't been in or around their squad - I think his spell here will stand us in really good stead for future loans? He's had good game time, and has improved over the few games he's played for us. We've clearly treated him right, and he seems to like being here, so if he does go back he should put in a good word for us...and maybe tell a couple of young lads that signing for us is a good move?

• Like 1