Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

28 minutes ago, MBE said:

No idea if Danny boy is a good signing or not -  I guess I will have to wait to seen him play in quite a few matches in a Vale shirt before I decide. 

That's a novel approach!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Brilliant result today at Scunthorpe, but also noticed that Tshimanga scored again for Chesterfield. That’s 9 in 8 games, may be one that got away from the matrix.

I also notice Manny didn’t play or make the bench again… must be injured 

Just going back to a post from last week about the assets we have, in particular gibbo, smith and Conlon and looking back on the last 3 wins theyre  players who can change games and IMO who are improving in our system too.

Take Conlons key contributions yesterday, an assist, the free kick, the clearance off the line, his willingness to have the ball in tight areas and keep possession, his cleverness around the box.

Gibbo, his 2 quality crosses first half, his defensive workrate and tenacity, getting himself in at the back post for potential chances,  he also made some intelligent runs around the box that weren’t picked out.

Garrity, again the workrate is unbelievable and he is also getting the knack of arriving into the box at the right time to get on the end of chances.

I can see clubs taking a look at these over the coming months. 

Edited by PV1973

17 hours ago, FriedRice said:

Going to be a nerve wracking next transfer window if we keep this up.Cant see the club taking calls from league 1 clubs if we are top 5 but if the championship come calling

To be fair, I think clubs will have to pay top top dollar, to take our best players off us, if we are looking set for promotion. Luckily from a negotiation perspective, our best players are contracted beyond this season.

7 hours ago, blackdog said:

Just noticed McKirdy didn't make the bench for Swindon ..Is he injured ?

Yes. There was a rumour he threw a strop after being benched for the game against us and was dropped from the squad entirely, but I must stress that is purely a rumour and the official line is that he is injured.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Yes. There was a rumour he threw a strop after being benched for the game against us and was dropped from the squad entirely, but I must stress that is purely a rumour and the official line is that he is injured.

Did I read somewhere that he'd tripped over his own ego? 🙄