Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Jones moves to centre half... so we have benning and Amos. Not sure what your point is? 

What is it you don’t understand youth. This guy has played 12 games I believe in his league career and is heralded as brilliant , as was Benning , as was Jones. Some have already pensioned Benning off when he was supposedly brilliant. Is everyone brilliant? I hope so. Why not sign a centre half as opposed to another brilliant left back? 

15 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

What is it you don’t understand youth. This guy has played 12 games I believe in his league career and is heralded as brilliant , as was Benning , as was Jones. Some have already pensioned Benning off when he was supposedly brilliant. Is everyone brilliant? I hope so. Why not sign a centre half as opposed to another brilliant left back? 

I don’t think we need a Cb? Amos has been training with us for a while? Who is labelling everyone as brilliant? 

Most said Jones was a steady signing. Wasn’t that impressive against us last season but has been really good for us so far. There is no arguing that. 

Benning has been one of the best left backs in this league so clearly he was a good signing. Nobody has pensioned him off either (he was excellent against forest green). 

We have Smith, Martin, Johnson, Cass, Jones and obviously legge all at CB. Jones will play LCB in the back 5. Leaving benning and Amos. (Walker can also play CB) why do we need ANOTHER CB? Just because one is currently injured? 

He may have only played 12 games but he’s highly rated by donny fans and he’s not joining to be the first name on the team sheet is he. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t think we need a Cb? Amos has been training with us for a while? Who is labelling everyone as brilliant? 

Most said Jones was a steady signing. Wasn’t that impressive against us last season but has been really good for us so far. There is no arguing that. 

Benning has been one of the best left backs in this league so clearly he was a good signing. Nobody has pensioned him off either (he was excellent against forest green). 

We have Smith, Martin, Johnson, Cass, Jones and obviously legge all at CB. Jones will play LCB in the back 5. Leaving benning and Amos. (Walker can also play CB) why do we need ANOTHER CB? Just because one is currently injured? 

He may have only played 12 games but he’s highly rated by donny fans and he’s not joining to be the first name on the team sheet is he. 

Great response to a daft post 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Can't believe one or two people are moaning that we've signed a decent young player who will strengthen the squad that was well liked by fans at his previous club. Utter madness.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Danny Amos sounds like a nice, down-to-Earth young man, and, as with so many others it seems like he is eager to play, to give everything for the club, and, maybe has a point to prove? Welcome Danny!

Yeah they all do. Good lads the lot of them

• Like 2

Looks a positive signing to me, we look strong all over the pitch now and every player on the bench look as though they would slot in comfortably (maybe Johnson aside up to this point).

This has been the best window we've had in a long time.

• Like 1

Those moaning about the new signing need to look at the bigger picture as well,Amos signing until January gives us longer to have a good look at him and possibly see him in match action,he fits in the remit of a young player with potential who if all works out could become a saleable asset at the age of 21.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I wonder why he’s only signed ‘til January?

To suit our or his purposes? Or both?

I would think to suit us as cover for Legge, though obviously he’ll be busting a gut to try and get a permanent deal.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I would think to suit us as cover for Legge, though obviously he’ll be busting a gut to try and get a permanent deal.

amos is a left back though isn’t he? 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

When are we going to sign somebody with 278 games under their belt and 27 England caps ? 

The Matrix is dead , how dare we sign players hungry and with potential. 

Ross Barkley seems available but I'm not sure he would get on the bench