Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Why not? I'm going out on a limb here but maybe, just maybe, managers and football professionals know more than fans and Wiki scouts when it comes to identifying good players
I was wondering if we had pipped the Bantams for his signature, it would make a change.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am just venturing my opinion within the rules of the message board. I am not trying to wind anyone up, I suspect that the reason that some people get so upset is that they are wondering if I have a point. I am trying to keep away from ovf because I get fed up of the abuse. 

There is a saying that if you surround yourself with people who agree totally with your opinions then you dont need them around you. Its good to read the opinions of people from across the whole spectrum. RZ has a view that is different than most on here but only the end of the season will prove him right or wrong. Personally man for man ( can you still say that ? ) I believe we have a better team than last season and I hope we get promoted just as I'm  sure RZ does. Nagging in the back of my mind is my Walsall mate telling me DC is not the real deal, just talks it. Whereas the forum is interesting its the football that ultimately does the talking that  really matters.

Edited by The man in the pub
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a saying that if you surround yourself with people who agree totally with your opinions then you dont need them around you. Its good to read the opinions of people from across the whole spectrum. RZ has a view that is different than most on here but only the end of the season will prove him right or wrong. Personally man for man ( can you still say that ? ) I believe we have a better team than last season and I hope we get promoted just as I'm  sure RZ does. Nagging in the back of my mind is my Walsall mate telling me DC is not the real deal, just talks it. Whereas the forum is interesting its the football that ultimately does the talking that  really matters.
Ask a Bristol Rovers fan and I'm sure they'd say the exact opposite. Similarly, Blackpool fans will have a very different view of Ian Holloway than Grimsby fans. Askey - Macclesfield and us, etc. I really dont care what he's done before or what other teams supporters think, so long as he does it for us
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

In other news not sure what’s happening at Crewe… a second summer signing of theirs has retired today. Strange coincidence or something strange going on?

That is seriously odd. But yeah I can't think of an alternative explanation other than coincidence. Am open to hearing any theories though!

9 hours ago, tisdeano said:

3 year ones ?

Yes - gives them 2 years grace in which they know they can demand a decent fee for a player! E.g. Callum Hudson-Odoi signed a 5-year deal around 2019/20...taking him to 2024...but there had been talk of him leaving during the window just closed.

Edited by LancyTony
Additional comment

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Kurtis Guthrie has signed with Indian club RoundGlass Punjab. Well done for anyone who predicted that club as his next destination.

Kyoto Purple Sanga was my guess. Maybe Visser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wrex said:

Kurtis Guthrie has signed with Indian club RoundGlass Punjab. Well done for anyone who predicted that club as his next destination.

Who are coincidentally managed by former Vale defender Ashley Westwood. 😉

• Like 1

There's speculation that it's a member of The Wonder of You group. He likes their confidence apparently, he's delaying the signing because their ability to panic under the slightest bit of pressure is a concern.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Reading between the lines it looks like the lad from West Brom (who’s a midfielder isn’t he?)

If it's Tom Solanke then, yeah, he's a defensive midfielder. I guess it could be a bit of musical chairs then. Solanke could provide cover in defensive midfield, while Walker is able to drop back into the back three.  

• Like 1