Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Also Monty not had much game time and Cullen sub at Hartlepool.

Overall for me, the decisions to release and transfer list the players seems to suggest DC was right.

How he handled it, we will never know all the facts.

Edited by Dangermouse3
  • Like 3

DC did say in his short message to Sky Sports on Deadline Day, that they might have to look at free agents post window to cover for Leon - but I guess he might wait to see if he picks up any further knocks with the players we’ve got.

49 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Also Monty not had much game time and Cullen sub at Hartlepool.

Overall for me, the decisions to release and transfer list the players seems to suggest DC was right.

How he handled it, we will never know all the facts.

Agree he made the right decisions.

I also struggle with the ‘handled it right’ comment.  He certainly handled it a lot better than one of the high profile exits that’s for sure!

Aside from the ‘deadwood’ comment where he did not name any particular player, and also balanced it out by saying one or two were unlucky the main accusation seems to be players thought they would be staying due to positive vibes from DC.  Every player would no doubt class themselves to be in the one or two.

He needed to be positive to get a performance out of players who had downed tools under Askey, putting us in a dangerous spiral down towards non league, which is ultimately where the majority of them have ended up.  If they’d done their jobs better in the first place then Askey may have remained and they would have got another season.

Time will tell if the new squad is more successful, but I for one am certainly more optimistic

Edited by Bald Eagle
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Well he certainly proved me wrong on Theo. I didn’t think any mug would come in for him. 

DC has actually done incredibly well to shape a team in just 9 months. 

Yes fantastic. This team as it stands is good enough for at least a playoff finish. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Who was the west brom trialist we had pre-season? Did he end up with a club? Felt quite sorry for him. Wasn't a central defender linked with us too?

Tom Solanke? "Currently without a club".

Well I think askey was a yes man his post Mach interviews were very poor Theo didn’t do it for me he’s lazy. As for deadwood dc is right time to have a cull. These new players are fitter and look like they want it as far as I’m concernerd

10 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If you like stats, consider this:

Goals per game 0.26, 0.21, 0.22, 0.22, 0.18, 0.15, 0.11.

If those were the stats for 7 strikers for league games, which four would you keep?

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Agree he made the right decisions.

I also struggle with the ‘handled it right’ comment.  He certainly handled it a lot better than one of the high profile exits that’s for sure!

Aside from the ‘deadwood’ comment where he did not name any particular player, and also balanced it out by saying one or two were unlucky the main accusation seems to be players thought they would be staying due to positive vibes from DC.  Every player would no doubt class themselves to be in the one or two.

He needed to be positive to get a performance out of players who had downed tools under Askey, putting us in a dangerous spiral down towards non league, which is ultimately where the majority of them have ended up.  If they’d done their jobs better in the first place then Askey may have remained and they would have got another season.

Time will tell if the new squad is more successful, but I for one am certainly more optimistic

Good post! I've always thought the !"deadwood" quote was out of shock at how some players capitulated?

Under the FAs new “you have to be extra polite to interviewers” rule, Shrewsbury are in danger of being given a 12 point deduction and handed a 2 years transfer ban.

The Antichrist DC needs to be careful… we can’t afford a points deduction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Good post! I've always thought the !"deadwood" quote was out of shock at how some players capitulated?

It was a post match interview after a defeat. He doesn't like losing.