Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

1 hour ago, dishydave said:
3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:
I am struggling to understand why we have let a 32 year old striker that has scored 10+ goals for 5 different clubs go when other clubs in our league are so desperate according to some on here that they  are signing 34+ year old strikers. meanwhile we sign a 21 year old striker on loan.

Personally I don't understand why your struggling to understand such an understandable situation.

i understand that!😄

I know I'm in the minority here but I always thought Theo was worth to keep as 3rd/4th striker IF he accepted that role. I know he was terrible when he first arrived but he played a major part in the success we had towards the end of the season. I think with a bit of confidence he would have scored a a few however once the manager had made the decision to transfer list him then he had to go.

I hope this decision to doesn't bite us on the arse when we play Bradford.

Edited by MBE
  • Thanks 1

Well not the most exciting of deadline days. 

However, by missing out on a couple earlier in the window and getting Theo off the books if we can be in or around top 7 come January then there may well be finances to strengthen for the final push as we did in the last promotion season.

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

Hmm  Well I'm a Vale Fan, Without disguise.  christopher,paul.lowe@gmail,com  if you wish to speak.

And please do not call me a <ovf censored> fan. I may be many things. But you don't hang around Vale for fifty years just for the crack.

Stoke fan

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Emile said:

Good riddance. Hope he has a mediocre season and bradford finish mid-table. Plus he doesn't score against us.

He can have a great next season when we are in League one!

I cant imagine he will still be at bradford come the end of next season 🤣

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Just read the Theo to Bradford article and spat my morning coffee out with his quote!

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19550109.ex-colchester-united-loanee-theo-robinson-joins-bradford/

“I am a hard-working player who will give my all for the team"

😂😂😂🤥🤥🤥

I notice how they conveniently ignore his spell with us 😂 

Think adams has been watching a different player... ‘powerful striker’. 

Edited by valiant_593

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

Give it a rest. Played most of our unbeaten run.  "appalling"?

Yes, for us, he was appalling. Maybe we didn't suit his style of play, whatever that is. But I've seen better players down the park.

6 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am struggling to understand why we have let a 32 year old striker that has scored 10+ goals for 5 different clubs go when other clubs in our league are so desperate according to some on here that they  are signing 34+ year old strikers. meanwhile we sign a 21 year old striker on loan.

Probably £2000 @ week

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Why is a goal in that pin pot trophy in which every side makes countless changes as valuable as a league goal? 

10 grand a win can make a goal pretty valuable

• Like 1

So that's it then, transfer window done and dusted til January.

All in all an upgrade on what we had previously, don't think anyone was treated particularly 'badly' and the stall was set out at the start of the season.

Still rate we get top 7 with this squad, the depth is the best it has been in my recent memory.

Only a few have stayed on to be bit part league 2 players, the rest have gone the conference or below? Monty going to Scotland could be classed as a similar level.

Joyce
Brown - the guy isn't going to play unless injuries come into play, pretty sure he is 3rd choice at Exeter
Pope
Manny
Brisley
Crookes
Fitzpatrick

Mills - everyone thought we had much more capable players in those positions
Cullen - sick note and not good enough
McKirdy - massive bad influence and crap attitude
Monty - the only one who I think could have done a job, but if he threw in the towel as soon as the new manager came in then better off without.

There is no one on that list we should have kept, and this all round should be hailed as a successful transfer window for the club. Compare this to the Bruno overhaul.

(I understand time will tell, but confident on the replacements brought in that we will get playoffs this season).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If you like stats, consider this:

Goals per game 0.26, 0.21, 0.22, 0.22, 0.18, 0.15, 0.11.

If those were the stats for 7 strikers for league games, which four would you keep?

Anyone but Robinson and Pope.  I'd go for the one who's scored three goals in three starts!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

So that's it then, transfer window done and dusted til January.

All in all an upgrade on what we had previously, don't think anyone was treated particularly 'badly' and the stall was set out at the start of the season.

Still rate we get top 7 with this squad, the depth is the best it has been in my recent memory.

Only a few have stayed on to be bit part league 2 players, the rest have gone the conference or below? Monty going to Scotland could be classed as a similar level.

Joyce
Brown - the guy isn't going to play unless injuries come into play, pretty sure he is 3rd choice at Exeter
Pope
Manny
Brisley
Crookes
Fitzpatrick

Mills - everyone thought we had much more capable players in those positions
Cullen - sick note and not good enough
McKirdy - massive bad influence and crap attitude
Monty - the only one who I think could have done a job, but if he threw in the towel as soon as the new manager came in then better off without.

There is no one on that list we should have kept, and this all round should be hailed as a successful transfer window for the club. Compare this to the Bruno overhaul.

(I understand time will tell, but confident on the replacements brought in that we will get playoffs this season).

I notice that Manny is unfortunately but unsurprisingly injured for Chesterfield at the moment... he has missed their last 2 games.

A fully fit Manny would be a top top player in league 2, but without that guarantee it was a gamble too far.

Hopefully he can get over his injuries and have the successful career he deserves.