Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

43 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
47 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:
And after we released scott brown! Nobody will sign for us after treating him like that

Don't be silly. Players come and go.

Think your missing the point ahah

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Exciting times, can’t remember the previous incumbents , especially Bratt and Co handing out so many 3 year contracts , you are right plenty to be positive about

I knew someone would get the V2001 thing in there,i was trying to hold out but i was getting close to it 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I also liked the way he spoke about DC... Yes every captain will speak well of the gaffer, but the choice of words was interesting.

"He will make me a better player, a better captain and a better man."

Come on now that cant be right,we know DC's man management is poor because RZ told us so

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some were fretting over the lack of signings earlier so I had a look at when we made our first signings in recent times.

2011: Sean Rigg (27 May)
2012: Ryan Burge (28 June)
2013: Kaid Mohamed (1 June)
2014: Colin Daniel (2 June)
2015: Sam Kelly & Remie Streete (15 June)
2016: Kjell Knops (28 June)
2017: Tom Pope (18 May)
2018: Scott Brown (14 May)
2019: Scott Burgess (24 May)
2020: Devante Rodney (7 July)

Pope and Brown were desperate to come here and so are something of outliers. It wouldn't be unusual if we don't bring in anyone new for a few weeks yet.

• Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

That can’t be about dc he’s a bully. Players don’t want to sign for us because he’s nasty 

That is nearly the most stupid comment I have read . Are you having a laugh  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Some were fretting over the lack of signings earlier so I had a look at when we made our first signings in recent times.

2011: Sean Rigg (27 May)
2012: Ryan Burge (28 June)
2013: Kaid Mohamed (1 June)
2014: Colin Daniel (2 June)
2015: Sam Kelly & Remie Streete (15 June)
2016: Kjell Knops (28 June)
2017: Tom Pope (18 May)
2018: Scott Brown (14 May)
2019: Scott Burgess (24 May)
2020: Devante Rodney (7 July)

Pope and Brown were desperate to come here and so are something of outliers. It wouldn't be unusual if we don't bring in anyone new for a few weeks yet.

Not beyond all possibilities Colin Daniel could be the first 2021 signing. Brown wasn't desperate to come to Vale, just for an easier commute.

Advert:

On 21/05/2021 at 08:19, Bald Eagle said:

So that 1 out of 15 snapped up then! 

Monty said he’d spoken to Clarke about Livingston interest / offer.  Maybe we were going to make him an offer, but that was inferior in terms of value / length of contract.

I am a fan of Montys and would have preferred him to stay, but I would have been loathe to offer a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd.

Aside from him I may have kept Brisley, but he is probably a victim of Legge and Smith already being under contract, and to inject fresh blood into that position someone needed to go.

When Monty first played left back he had no awareness and he was getting caught in a void. But he worked hard and learned the position and he can tackle effectively. So actually I'm struggling to believe we will sign anyone better at left back. I would have kept him and been prepared to give him the length of contract given to others. What may have snookered him is his injury record and games played as a percentage of the total. If that isn't good enough for the manager; well guess I have to accept the argument.

Great signing to keep Conlon. Need to get Taylor functioning and that's the attacking midfield sorted? I can see a strategy here - players on medium term contracts who can grow as a team with developed understanding and progress well up the League 1 table eventually? But giving players coming in long enough contracts to do that carries more risk. 

• Like 1

Advert:

30 minutes ago, dishydave said:

There doesn't seem to be any stand out goalkeepers released by other clubs to replace brown

Patience mate.  There are still a lot of clubs who have yet to officially announce the retained list, plus there could be some interesting loans available.If we play a more out of the back next season don't be surprise if we get a young kid in on loan from a Prem/Championship club like Cheltenham did this season.  Lots of conversations will be taking place behind the closed doors with agents, players and managers with I'm Flickers working flat out selling the PVFC promotion dream.

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings