Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:

Wrexham and Stockport are far from little teams.

Tbf Stockport were poorly supported through the 90's and were always classed as a small club.

Wrexham I agree have got potential to get decent gates. Infact haven't they sold around 5600 ST'S. 

Edited by butt lane vale fan

4 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Tbf Stockport were poorly supported through the 90's and were always classed as a small club.

Wrexham I agree have got potential to get decent gates. Infact haven't they sold around 5600 ST'S. 

They need their ground fixing. It has suffered the decline the club has. Personally I would love to get Stockport and Wrexham and Chesterfield back in the league. What a bonus to get Barrow and Hartlepool back recently. And showing my prejudice I don't want Boring Wood et al. Though respect to Sutton Utd. 

• Like 3

Back to theme. That was an essential result to win at FG even this early in the season. If we can be defensively solid and score enough goals we will succeed in the promotion bid. 

Perhaps this is a silly question but when does the Window close? I was under the impression it was 11pm tomorrow (Tuesday 31st). However, all the reports I have read only mention it being the "Premier League deadline" (because we all know the PL is THE only important Football League in the universe). Is it the same for Football League clubs? 

If that's the case is it more likely we'll do any business then rather than on a Bank Holiday Monday? It's a work day and we may be looking for late business (i.e. getting any of the three transfer-listed out of the building), seeing who's not fixed up in the last few hours etc.

Posted (edited)

I think our main priority today is to try and move on the transfer listed players. I’m surprised nobody in the league below has come in for burgess though, never though he was that bad. Would like to see a forward join on the loan though 

Edited by valiant_593

17 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Does anyone else think Amoo could fill in the central striker role if needs be

I certainly think he would offer something a little different to the others we have but would be concerned about goal output.

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think our main priority today is to try and move on the transfer listed players. I’m surprised nobody in the league below has come in for burgess though, never though the was that bad. Would like to see a forward join on the loan though 

Thought Burgess was decent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m surprised nobody in the league below has come in for burgess though, never though he was that bad.

I wonder if his contract extension had an effect? I suspect he got a decent wage rise when he signed up till 2022 which may put him beyond some National League sides.

However, if he is released as @Jacko51 suggests I guess clubs may move for him then as they can renegotiate wages with him and sign him after the window as a free agent.

2 hours ago, robf said:

Perhaps this is a silly question but when does the Window close? I was under the impression it was 11pm tomorrow (Tuesday 31st). However, all the reports I have read only mention it being the "Premier League deadline" (because we all know the PL is THE only important Football League in the universe). Is it the same for Football League clubs? 

If that's the case is it more likely we'll do any business then rather than on a Bank Holiday Monday? It's a work day and we may be looking for late business (i.e. getting any of the three transfer-listed out of the building), seeing who's not fixed up in the last few hours etc.

Rob, it wont make the senile who we bring in or goes out of the club at the moment.

I thought it was the 31 Aug the deadline after some of the things DC said, "we are hoping to have some bodies in by the end of the month".

• Like 1