• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I think our main priority today is to try and move on the transfer listed players. I’m surprised nobody in the league below has come in for burgess though, never though he was that bad. Would like to see a forward join on the loan though 

Edited by valiant_593

Advert:

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think our main priority today is to try and move on the transfer listed players. I’m surprised nobody in the league below has come in for burgess though, never though the was that bad. Would like to see a forward join on the loan though 

Thought Burgess was decent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m surprised nobody in the league below has come in for burgess though, never though he was that bad.

I wonder if his contract extension had an effect? I suspect he got a decent wage rise when he signed up till 2022 which may put him beyond some National League sides.

However, if he is released as @Jacko51 suggests I guess clubs may move for him then as they can renegotiate wages with him and sign him after the window as a free agent.

Advert:

2 hours ago, robf said:

Perhaps this is a silly question but when does the Window close? I was under the impression it was 11pm tomorrow (Tuesday 31st). However, all the reports I have read only mention it being the "Premier League deadline" (because we all know the PL is THE only important Football League in the universe). Is it the same for Football League clubs? 

If that's the case is it more likely we'll do any business then rather than on a Bank Holiday Monday? It's a work day and we may be looking for late business (i.e. getting any of the three transfer-listed out of the building), seeing who's not fixed up in the last few hours etc.

Rob, it wont make the senile who we bring in or goes out of the club at the moment.

I thought it was the 31 Aug the deadline after some of the things DC said, "we are hoping to have some bodies in by the end of the month".

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do a deal with the three so they become free agents after Tuesday. 
Doesn't make much sense to do it after the deadline? Isn't it the case that you need to be out of contract before the deadline closes to be able to register for another club after the deadline?

29 minutes ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:
I wouldn’t be surprised if we do a deal with the three so they become free agents after Tuesday. 

Doesn't make much sense to do it after the deadline? Isn't it the case that you need to be out of contract before the deadline closes to be able to register for another club after the deadline?

Clubs can still sign "free agents" I believe

Advert:

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

That was my point. Make a deal before the deadline on Tuesday and they will be free agents after. 

Well, the transfer listed 3 have certainly been stubborn and left it until the last minute! To be fair, I can’t really blame them for not wanting to take a pay cut, as I can’t imagine there are many clubs willing to match their pre-covid contracts. 

Will be interesting to see how it develops tomorrow as surely they don’t want to be training with the U18s until January! Seems likely Vale will be taking a hit either way, and it’s all about damage limitation now. 

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Well, the transfer listed 3 have certainly been stubborn and left it until the last minute! To be fair, I can’t really blame them for not wanting to take a pay cut, as I can’t imagine there are many clubs willing to match their pre-covid contracts. 

Will be interesting to see how it develops tomorrow as surely they don’t want to be training with the U18s until January! Seems likely Vale will be taking a hit either way, and it’s all about damage limitation now. 

They aren’t the bad guys though. They’re not wanted by us, but I don’t blame them either for waiting til something decent comes along. 

• Like 1