Jump to content

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

The friendly was against one of these 2nd chance academy sides who recruit players let go by academies in the hope of being able to get them back into a club.

vale v vale?😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Liam Kelly is a great signing for Rochdale.

25 year old Irish midfielder signed from Feyenoord and spent last season on loan at Oxford (26 apps).

He's 5'4 so wouldn't have appeared on our matrix though! 

how many midfielders do you want?😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how many midfielders do you want?
Haha I'm quite happy with our midfielders to be honest. I think it's the strongest we've been for years.

I'm just unhappy with our creative wide player recruitment, but hopefully Politic can be the start!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Haha I'm quite happy with our midfielders to be honest. I think it's the strongest we've been for years.

I'm just unhappy with our creative wide player recruitment, but hopefully Politic can be the start!

Worrall, Amoo and Politic are all very good players at this level. I think if Politic demonstrates his match fitness he will be too good to leave out, which will result in a change in formation. I also think Amoo looks in good form, so I’d give him a go. 

Im still positive and I believe DC will not ignore the wing options. He’s open to different formations, so watch this space. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Doha said:

Utterly terrifying to load the OVF home page, knowing we could sign a forward at any time this week, and recognising Colin Daniel in the feature photo before reading the title. 

Fair play to Daniel in one way for one of the more limited footballers I've seen he's gone on to have a decent League One career.  Peterboro, Blackpool and Burton and now a decent side in our league in Exeter I'm beginning to think he must have the same agent as Choupo Moting(on a smaller scale).😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erm, the idea of paying him peanuts on the basis of his inability is perfectly reasonable in that context and anyone insinuating anything else by taking it out of that context has a warped mind. 

You originally said monkey nuts.
I accept that you weren’t intentionally trying to say anything racist. All I was saying was that you should reconsider your words as it may be construed differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay peanuts get monkeys Is a saying most people use. If you are seeing the monkey part of that as racist then that is your opinion only and in my opinion was certainly not the intention of the original poster who I'm sure will now be more careful with how he words things.
I will make no further comment on this as I'm a fat white guy who knows nothing what so ever about the subject..

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Worrall, Amoo and Politic are all very good players at this level. I think if Politic demonstrates his match fitness he will be too good to leave out, which will result in a change in formation. I also think Amoo looks in good form, so I’d give him a go. 

Im still positive and I believe DC will not ignore the wing options. He’s open to different formations, so watch this space. 

 

I just feel that when we have good wingers, we have a good season.

I guess I'd hoped to sign a winger which would "wow" me. The same way that JMW did when we signed him.

It seems we've recruited a team that aims to be hard to beat and win by the odd goal - which there isn't anything wrong with as Cheltenham got promoted doing that!

Just feels like we're set up for a lot of 1-0, 0-1, 0-0 scorelines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Haha I'm quite happy with our midfielders to be honest. I think it's the strongest we've been for years.

I'm just unhappy with our creative wide player recruitment, but hopefully Politic can be the start!

fair dos!☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Just hope he can get Politic into the side. He'll need to get rid of the wingback to do so.

I think DC will find a way if he rediscovers his form from when he broke into the Bolton team. The probable options are in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. The issues are we will need to either sacrifice a midfielder or a striker. 4-4-2 looks the best team on paper, but in reality we are likely to get overrun in midfield. 

             Covolan

Cass  Smith  Martin  Jones

          Walker  Pett

  Worrall  Conlon  Politic

               Rodney 

 

              Covolan

Cass  Smith  Martin  Jones

Worrall  Conlon  Pett  Politic

        Rodney  Proctor
 

Thoughts? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

442 doesn’t work as the 2 in midfield get  over run, just like then first half Saturday. 433 seems the best fit for our current squad .

2 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I think DC will find a way if he rediscovers his form from when he broke into the Bolton team. The probable options are in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. The issues are we will need to either sacrifice a midfielder or a striker. 4-4-2 looks the best team on paper, but in reality we are likely to get overrun in midfield. 

             Covolan

Cass  Smith  Martin  Jones

          Walker  Pett

  Worrall  Conlon  Politic

               Rodney 

 

              Covolan

Cass  Smith  Martin  Jones

Worrall  Conlon  Pett  Politic

        Rodney  Proctor
 

Thoughts? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

442 doesn’t work as the 2 in midfield get  over run, just like then first half Saturday. 433 seems the best fit for our current squad .

We weren't overrun because we had 2 in midfield.  We looked lost as players didn't appear to know there job and simply where not up for the game like Stevenage.We where 1 yard off the pace all over the pitch. It took a half time blocking to shake them up. Christ knows what formation we played at Stevenage it changed so many times.

442 can and will work with the right personnel and setup especially on smaller pitches. A lack of work ethic and desire to win will loose regardless of formation which was the case 1st half.

Looking forward to what striker we can bring in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I think DC will find a way if he rediscovers his form from when he broke into the Bolton team. The probable options are in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2. The issues are we will need to either sacrifice a midfielder or a striker. 4-4-2 looks the best team on paper, but in reality we are likely to get overrun in midfield. 

             Covolan

Cass  Smith  Martin  Jones

          Walker  Pett

  Worrall  Conlon  Politic

               Rodney 

 

              Covolan

Cass  Smith  Martin  Jones

Worrall  Conlon  Pett  Politic

        Rodney  Proctor
 

Thoughts? 

 

That 451/433 looks tasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...