Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

21 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I've never once mentioned deadwood? I've not "whinged" and if you want to have a respectful and reasonable discussion about this you're probably best off not making sneery comments like that.

I don't. really! But, I am sorry for mixing you up with a different whinger!

Bogle to Bradford hit a stumbling block apparently as he wants a bigger pay off from Doncaster as well as his contract at Bradford 

Source: Alan Nixon on Twitter who is usually spot on about stuff … I think he is / was the sports editor at some national rag

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bogle to Bradford hit a stumbling block apparently as he wants a bigger pay off from Doncaster as well as his contract at Bradford 

Source: Alan Nixon on Twitter who is usually spot on about stuff … I think he is / was the sports editor at some national rag

The Bogle situation isn't so different from Robinson's. A player content to sit out his contract and take the money rather than playing football.  Maybe a team will throw silly money at him.........................Salford, Wrexham, Stockport or Chesterfield anyone?

On 22/08/2021 at 16:50, werstayinup said:

Bogle is an interesting one,had a bad few years but was prolific lower down,i would expect the bigger hitters of league 2 to be in for him.

I still fully expect our signing to be a young striker with no real previous record,so prepare for meltdown on here from those wanting an experienced striker

Young strikers with no previous record sometimes do very well. Take Ellis Simms for example who joined Blackpool on loan for the second half of last season. No previous appearances for Everton let alone goals but scored 10 in 24 to spearhead their promotion drive alongside Jerry Yates. The missing ingredient up front for Blackpool and looked formidable. 

You never know. 

• Like 1

Young strikers with no previous record sometimes do very well. Take Ellis Simms for example who joined Blackpool on loan for the second half of last season. No previous appearances for Everton let alone goals but scored 10 in 24 to spearhead their promotion drive alongside Jerry Yates. The missing ingredient up front for Blackpool and looked formidable. 
You never know. 
I think you underestimate how much Vale fans 'know'

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

You never know. 

It doesn't really bother me tbh but you know that some are demanding an experienced striker

24 minutes ago, Santa said:

Wrexham are supposed to be after Callum Guy aren’t they? They’re in the market for that type of player.

They have just signed a midfielder from Lincoln for a fee so not sure they will be after Guy now

It doesn't really bother me tbh but you know that some are demanding an experienced striker
Theos experienced. So was Barnett. Means nowt. Jones had zero experience. Rodney pretty much zero.

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

They have just signed a midfielder from Lincoln for a fee so not sure they will be after Guy now

Just seen it was James Jones, ex-Crewe, who played 45 games for Lincoln last season. They must have paid a fair whack for him.

Conlon is only wearing that boot because it has a burner phone inside with every manager in the league on it. The fact he had an injury, has been treated for that injury and is now recovering from that injury shouldn’t deter the rumours that he’s about to jump ship. 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Certainly seems that way but I agree with you. It’s more about signing someone with the right attributes than a “big name”. Personally the one I really would love us to go for is Olaofe at Millwall, think he’s back from injury now and they are looking to loan him out again. He’d be a great option for us.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Certainly seems that way but I agree with you. It’s more about signing someone with the right attributes than a “big name”. Personally the one I really would love us to go for is Olaofe at Millwall, think he’s back from injury now and they are looking to loan him out again. He’d be a great option for us.

I mentioned him a few times at the end of last season as a loan option as he was superb in every sutton game i watched on BT last season but i think he is more of a wide player than striker so not sure he would be an option anyway