Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

I don’t know if we are one of the clubs interested in him or not but Omar Bogle looks like he is possibly on the move from Donny next week with a couple of L2 clubs showing interest.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-boss-explains-omar-bogles-absence-and-reveals-offers-for-striker-3355156

Bogle is an interesting one,had a bad few years but was prolific lower down,i would expect the bigger hitters of league 2 to be in for him.

I still fully expect our signing to be a young striker with no real previous record,so prepare for meltdown on here from those wanting an experienced striker

• Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, PVFC764 said:
Wonder if we will see a goal keeper and striker come in before the end of Aug.  
More I see of ours, the more I get worried he will cost us more goals and points with his antics and the way he seems to loose it during games.

DC described Covolan as 'top class' after the game yesterday so absolutely no chance we're looking for another GK. Amazing how some have written him off

He does pull some good saves off, but yesterday also showed that he can loose his head and make silly mistakes.  Hopefully, he will have learned from this and other matches and show us all he is a cracking goal keeper.  Something we all hope will happen, but as this is the 2nd team that have targeted him and put pressure on him, they see him as the weak link.

Advert:

20 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

There was talk of us signing players that had previously played for DC, the question is, was it his decision or theirs not to? Monty made a sharp exit when he was announced.

Monty had a better offer from a higher division.  We've been linked with every player under the sun on this forum - how many of them were we genuinely after?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

He's been sent off once in a competitive game. He hasn't given away a penalty nor has he been chipped. So I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make, given that 2 of your demands have been met?

What about his mad moment in the Tranmere game? He was chipped but it didn't result in a goal fortunately. 

5 hours ago, philmpv said:
5 hours ago, PVFC764 said:
Wonder if we will see a goal keeper and striker come in before the end of Aug.  
More I see of ours, the more I get worried he will cost us more goals and points with his antics and the way he seems to loose it during games.

DC described Covolan as 'top class' after the game yesterday so absolutely no chance we're looking for another GK. Amazing how some have written him off

He also said he had to better!

Advert:

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

There was talk of us signing players that had previously played for DC, the question is, was it his decision or theirs not to? Monty made a sharp exit when he was announced.

But the talk came from people just guessing on here - without any substance...like yourself...not from DC or DF! 

24 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Obviously! Scott Brown wasn't treated badly - like hundreds of players every season, his club...rightly...decided he needed replacing. Simples

I think he was treated badly. If you read the interview he gave to The Sentinel after he left, it sounds like he'd been led to believe he'd be here next season and had the rug pulled from underneath him when the list was released. I think he deserved better.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I think he was treated badly. If you read the interview he gave to The Sentinel after he left, it sounds like he'd been led to believe he'd be here next season and had the rug pulled from underneath him when the list was released. I think he deserved better.

Your opinion. I didn't think he was - his Manager decided his services were no longer needed - based on observation and diminishing performances...like Pope. Maybe DC had thought about keeping him on for another season, but saw something - especially in the last couple of gamed - to make him decide otherwise? Or maybe Scott misread the situation? Whichever - it happens, hundreds of times. Personally, i feel much sorrier for a teenager who's told he won't be getting a contract, than players who really ought to accept their playing days are coming to an end! As, it seems, Scott Brown's have?

Advert:

Of course it's an opinion (and Brown's too if you read the interview).

The manager was always talking to me about next season and how different it would be, even going into the Grimsby game he was talking to me about next year and things like that, so it did come as a massive shock, but that’s football.

Personally, I don't want to keep going over Scott Brown's departure. He's gone, I'm sure everyone wishes him well and hopes that his replacements are an improvement. I imagine Brown may well have been able to extend his playing days but opted for a longer contract which included coaching. I don't particularly like the feel I get from Clarke and the way he dealt with the retained list is part of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It did read that way as I remember.

As much as I was a fan of Brown, if Covolan can cut out the silly mistakes when the ball is at his feet I think he’ll be fine.  At the moment he’s reminiscent of a lower league Bruce Grobbelaar.  If he continues in this vein then Stone looks like he could do a decent job if required.

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It did read that way as I remember.

As much as I was a fan of Brown, if Covolan can cut out the silly mistakes when the ball is at his feet I think he’ll be fine.  At the moment he’s reminiscent of a lower league Bruce Grobbelaar.  If he continues in this vein then Stone looks like he could do a decent job if required.

Let's hope he doesn't get involved in match fixing like Bruce allegedly did then. 

• Confused 2