Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I guess we won't see any new signings tomorrow, unless we are keeping it a secret...

Clarke said before the end of the window, so plenty of time yet.  Same applies to our out of contract trio.

There's still time for things to happen, and things may well be happening that we are unaware of.  It may be that Theo et al are close to finding a club.  Maybe DC has several options in mind, but is hoping one of them will leave freeing up more budget to sign a better player.  And so on. 

We need to be patient and keep the faith (or say a prayer or two😇). 

24 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

He’s not going who’s going to compensate us for a 3 year contact plus player valuation ? Certainly not Derby ? 

Think they will get around that with big 6 figure fee and sell on clause 

7 hours ago, the valiant said:

Think nothing will be sorted till the club after Tom Conlan makes their bid. 

6 hours ago, the valiant said:

Think they will get around that with big 6 figure fee and sell on clause 

Well Derby just looked are on a Transfer embargo 

11 hours ago, The French Connection said:

There's still time for things to happen, and things may well be happening that we are unaware of.  It may be that Theo et al are close to finding a club.  Maybe DC has several options in mind, but is hoping one of them will leave freeing up more budget to sign a better player.  And so on. 

We need to be patient and keep the faith (or say a prayer or two😇). 

I think he is waiting on a certain player he has been targeting but should any of the 3 amigo's leave then that could allow us another body as well

Wonder if we will see a goal keeper and striker come in before the end of Aug.  

More I see of ours, the more I get worried he will cost us more goals and points with his antics and the way he seems to loose it during games.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

More I see of ours, the more I get worried he will cost us more goals and points with his antics and the way he seems to loose it during games.

We won't be seeing a goalkeeper.

Were Clarke even considering that possibility then he had the option of bringing Stone on yesterday.

Or alternatively kept Stone in situ instead of recalling Covolan 

• Like 1

DC described Covolan as 'top class' after the game yesterday so absolutely no chance we're looking for another GK. Amazing how some have written him off
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
15 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

DC described Covolan as 'top class' after the game yesterday so absolutely no chance we're looking for another GK. Amazing how some have written him off

How many "top class" goalkeepers get sent of twice in quick succession? DC is just putting a brave face on it because he couldn't get anyone else in after treating Scott Brown the way he did. Football is a village, does anyone wonder why none of the players we signed had played for Clarke before? Maybe Monty's reaction (according to Tom Pope) says it all.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2