• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Wonder if we will see a goal keeper and striker come in before the end of Aug.  

More I see of ours, the more I get worried he will cost us more goals and points with his antics and the way he seems to loose it during games.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

More I see of ours, the more I get worried he will cost us more goals and points with his antics and the way he seems to loose it during games.

We won't be seeing a goalkeeper.

Were Clarke even considering that possibility then he had the option of bringing Stone on yesterday.

Or alternatively kept Stone in situ instead of recalling Covolan 

• Like 1

DC described Covolan as 'top class' after the game yesterday so absolutely no chance we're looking for another GK. Amazing how some have written him off
  • Like 3

Advert:

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
15 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

DC described Covolan as 'top class' after the game yesterday so absolutely no chance we're looking for another GK. Amazing how some have written him off

How many "top class" goalkeepers get sent of twice in quick succession? DC is just putting a brave face on it because he couldn't get anyone else in after treating Scott Brown the way he did. Football is a village, does anyone wonder why none of the players we signed had played for Clarke before? Maybe Monty's reaction (according to Tom Pope) says it all.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

How many "top class" goalkeepers get sent of twice in quick succession? DC is just putting a brave face on it because he couldn't get anyone else in after treating Scott Brown the way he did. Football is a village, does anyone wonder why none of the players we signed had played for Clarke before? Maybe Monty's reaction (according to Tom Pope) says it all.

Is that the same Scott Brown who is 3rd choice keeper at Exeter having not even made the bench yet ? 

• Like 2

Advert:

Clearly. Can't even get on the bench at Exeter but you still think he should be here instead of younger keepers Covolan and Stone 
It's just the safety blanket mentality that some fans (unfortunately the vocal ones) seem to have.

Covolan? He comes off his line and we're not used to it so we don't like it. We'll ignore all the shots he's saved and clean sheets. Brown stayed on his line. We liked that. We'll ignore all of the goals we conceded because of that.

Wilson, Proctor, Rodney and any other striker whose surname isn't Pope? They're not a big unit and none have scored 30+ goals in 1 season. So they're no good. They're not even strikers. Pope was a unit and once scored 30+ goals in one season. We like that.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:

It's just the safety blanket mentality that some fans (unfortunately the vocal ones) seem to have.

Covolan? He comes off his line and we're not used to it so we don't like it. We'll ignore all the shots he's saved and clean sheets. Brown stayed on his line. We liked that. We'll ignore all of the goals we conceded because of that.

Wilson, Proctor, Rodney and any other striker whose surname isn't Pope? They're not a big unit and none have scored 30+ goals in 1 season. So they're no good. They're not even strikers. Pope was a unit and once scored 30+ goals in one season. We like that.

We now have two goalkeepers who have played 20 league games between them, our first choice keeper has been sent off once in a league game already and shows no great signs of learning from this. I don't care if he comes off his line as long as he doesn't give away penalties, get sent off or lets the opposition chip him but the signs so far aren't great.

I accept that we needed new strikers but only Devante looks like one at the moment and we already had him.

• Like 1

We now have two goalkeepers who have played 20 league games between them, our first choice keeper has been sent off once in a league game already and shows no great signs of learning from this. I don't care if he comes off his line as long as he doesn't give away penalties, get sent off or lets the opposition chip him but the signs so far aren't great.
I accept that we needed new strikers but only Devante looks like one at the moment and we already had him.
He's been sent off once in a competitive game. He hasn't given away a penalty nor has he been chipped. So I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make, given that 2 of your demands have been met?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Clueless!!! 

Advert:

55 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I don’t know if we are one of the clubs interested in him or not but Omar Bogle looks like he is possibly on the move from Donny next week with a couple of L2 clubs showing interest.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-boss-explains-omar-bogles-absence-and-reveals-offers-for-striker-3355156

Bogle is a funny one, never really kicked on from when he was the hottest property in the lower leagues back in his Grimsby days.

Had plenty of moves to some higher league clubs but never scored the goals I always thought would come.

Dropping. Back to league 2 might be the answer for him. 

Can’t see us being in for him though.

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

I don’t know if we are one of the clubs interested in him or not but Omar Bogle looks like he is possibly on the move from Donny next week with a couple of L2 clubs showing interest.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-boss-explains-omar-bogles-absence-and-reveals-offers-for-striker-3355156

Bogle is an interesting one,had a bad few years but was prolific lower down,i would expect the bigger hitters of league 2 to be in for him.

I still fully expect our signing to be a young striker with no real previous record,so prepare for meltdown on here from those wanting an experienced striker

• Like 1