Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

He's done a full preseason with Bolton and played competitive friendlies so it shouldn't take too long. Easier to get him up to speed than Gibbo I'd have thought?

Posted (edited)

Hell of a signing that is potentially. I'm friends with a life-long Bolton fan and she raves about him in regards to ability. Seems to be exactly the type of player we've missed early on this season in regards to what he'll offer when match sharp.

Get him and Wozza on the wings at Vale Park.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Last night DC said we would have another striking option in by the end of the week. I have to say I'm disappointed that we are, at this stage, looking to bring in a player who will get us the goals to be a force in the league. 

That player should have been priority No1 when we made decisions on Theo, Tom,  Cullen ect...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsproston said:

Last night DC said we would have another striking option in by the end of the week. I have to say I'm disappointed that we are, at this stage, looking to bring in a player who will get us the goals to be a force in the league. 

That player should have been priority No1 when we made decisions on Theo, Tom,  Cullen ect...

It was? James Wilson was obviously that player. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tsproston said:

Didn't he say by the end of the window ?? May have misheard but hopefully we don't have to wait for possibly two more weeks. 

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It was? James Wilson was obviously that player. 

I also think that was the intention.

DC has talked a lot about 'due diligence', research and recruitment analysts.

On one hand 3 games is no time at all, but with the system and personnel we haven't scored a goal so I get people's frustrations. 

In many ways Carol has indulged DC. Him and DF have talked themselves into a position where fans expectations have increased, together with pressure on himself.

He will need to turn these plans into action soon, we know from the recent past and missing out by fine margins, that every point counts.

I'm still positive and excited for the rest of the season.

• Like 4