Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)

Also, we've now sold 4,600 STs, which Garlick says only Bradford are guaranteed to beat:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-season-tickets-northampton-5742894

Other clubs for comparison:

Walsall - 2,600 as of today (they wonder why Clarke absconded)

Mansfield - 2439 as of July 29th (their highest total in a decade)

Swindon - 1640 as of today (extenuating circumstances I guess)

Puts into perspective the ridiculous, borderline insanity-driven loyalty of Vale fans considering we've done very little for 20 years. We should have a pretty strong budget. Fans have well and truly backed the club, as they always do. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Chester fans have raised 100k for their 'Boost the Budget' scheme, which adds money to the first team budget.

https://www.chesterfc.com/boostthebudget/

Incredible stuff and something we could maybe do next season. Would need planning, marketing, and incentivising but Vale fans usually step up.

That's phenomenal for that level!

What ever happened to our version to contribute towards the Lorne Street? 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Chester fans have raised 100k for their 'Boost the Budget' scheme, which adds money to the first team budget.

https://www.chesterfc.com/boostthebudget/

Incredible stuff and something we could maybe do next season. Would need planning, marketing, and incentivising but Vale fans usually step up.

I remember chipping in for Beckford

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Needs an event to get it kickstarted again. I’ve donated £200 so far, but it’s tricky with everything that has gone on in the last 18 months. Personally, I think it will an historic moment when Vale Park is completely finished, so I will continue to donate. I dream of a 20k capacity in the FA Cup against Stoke and send them crashing out. One can dream 😄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Needs an event to get it kickstarted again. I’ve donated £200 so far, but it’s tricky with everything that has gone on in the last 18 months. Personally, I think it will an historic moment when Vale Park is completely finished, so I will continue to donate. I dream of a 20k capacity in the FA Cup against Stoke and send them crashing out. One can dream 😄

It will happen. Saying that, there's a good chance that the next time we play the <ovf censored>, it will be a league game! 👍

10 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Tried to have a bet on Swindon going down on the weekend but Sky had every team in the division but not Swindon as an option. 

You can now @4/1, equal 2nd favourite to go down.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Tried to have a bet on Swindon going down on the weekend but Sky had every team in the division but not Swindon as an option. 

Although late to the party they're signing a few players now.  I think Grant has re-signed and there's always the chance that McKirdy could come good.

I think Hartlepool will struggle this season - lots a few players and haven't really replaced them.

I think Swindon are a midtable nothing team this season. 

18 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Stevenage funded their whole new North Stand purely through a fans bond scheme. 

3 hours ago, Emile said:

I think Hartlepool will struggle this season - lots a few players and haven't really replaced them.

I think Swindon are a midtable nothing team this season. 

Hartlepool, Oldham, Barrow, and Rochdale will struggle imo.

Swindon will probably struggle, I don't rate Garner and they're cobbling together a squad, but will probably strengthen in January.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Bit of a step up that is

Think when he came to us he was dead highly rated and possibly Sheff Wednesday reserve captain ?

Lost his way but back in the league. 

We never really saw him as Brown signed so many loanees that some weren't even able to make the squad due to quotas 

On 02/08/2021 at 09:25, Wrex said:

David Fitpatrick signs with Altrincham

Vale fans all have their own opinions but its always interesting to see where players we release end up . This is other clubs opinions of our players. Not many, if any of this batch have gone on to higher clubs and few even to clubs in our league. Whatever anyone thinks of DC it appears other managers think the same.

• Like 3