• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

It seems that the striker could be a loan deal if so then i would think the winger could be a permanent one,so unless we pay a fee i guess it will be a free agent,so does anyone know of any free agent left wingers still out there.

This could be pointless of course if both are going to be on loan 🙂 although DC did say he didn't want many loans in unless he could sign them at the end of it

On 31/07/2021 at 00:05, CAVALIER said:

Very poor upfront so far Joe. We are are 1-0, 0-1 team presently. 

Maybe we need more defenders then 

For the zillionth time: 1 - 0 to the Arsenal wasn't a random song! As with most cliches it was often right!

Advert:

On 31/07/2021 at 06:20, Rampant Zebra said:

So we have gone from a defence which towards the end of last season went on an unbeaten run of 8 games to one which needs to improve defending from set pieces and haven't played together before. I am not sure that is progress. Especially since they haven't really had time to decide if any of them fancy each others wives or don't agree with their choice of car or music. 

You just don't give up, do you? Never miss a chance for a dig - no matter how flimsy and insubstantial the basis is? Of last season's defence we have retained Smith and Legge. We have replaced some dubious LBs with a couple that ought to be an upgrade' the CBs we've brought in appear to be upgrades and, I would say even at this stage of the pre-season, the 2 new GKs will be an upgrade - not belittling Scott Brown's time at the Vale, just his diminishing  contribution. Given that some of the newbies were weeks late coming into the squad - because they had been playing competitive football more recently - then it's not surprising if some partnerships need some tweaking.

But - you just go ahead...keep finding (making up) reasons to knock the Vale! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You just don't give up, do you? Never miss a chance for a dig - no matter how flimsy and insubstantial the basis is? Of last season's defence we have retained Smith and Legge. We have replaced some dubious LBs with a couple that ought to be an upgrade' the CBs we've brought in appear to be upgrades and, I would say even at this stage of the pre-season, the 2 new GKs will be an upgrade - not belittling Scott Brown's time at the Vale, just his diminishing  contribution. Given that some of the newbies were weeks late coming into the squad - because they had been playing competitive football more recently - then it's not surprising if some partnerships need some tweaking.

But - you just go ahead...keep finding (making up) reasons to knock the Vale! 

This is a forum for opinions. I don't attack the poster, I am just expressing my opinion which I believe I am entitled to according to the rules. I am not trying to knock the Vale, I am just not convinced by our latest manager and his ability to lead us to promotion. I like Covolan, as I have said, but he got sent off in a friendly, which is not a good look. There are so many unknowns about the coming season and I don't share the blind optimism of some posters on here.

12 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

This is a forum for opinions. I don't attack the poster, I am just expressing my opinion which I believe I am entitled to according to the rules. I am not trying to knock the Vale, I am just not convinced by our latest manager and his ability to lead us to promotion. I like Covolan, as I have said, but he got sent off in a friendly, which is not a good look. There are so many unknowns about the coming season and I don't share the blind optimism of some posters on here.

🙄

Advert:

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Natural goalscorer. Never ever fit enough.

He's already injured yet they've still signed him. 

Good luck to him. 

I think they have tried to game the system and it’s nearly bit them on the backside.

If he signs in July, they have to cover his wages for that month.

If he signs in August, we do.

Funny how all their fans knew he had agreed a deal and signed last month but it was announced on the first of August.

Everyones hearts must have been in their mouth when he went down injured … fortunately for Mark they say it’s not too serious (although we have heard that before).

Does pose a question as to what agreement they had with him and what would have happened if it was a season ending injury.

Advert: