onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

22 minutes ago, Joe B said:

People don't seem to have grasped that Paynter, Griff, and Duffy are back in the youth set-up.

We also have Nathan Rooney who coordinates the coaching from senior to the youngest academy level. He's worked in the first-team set up of Carlisle and Crawley, and the academies of Fleetwood, Blackburn, and Accrington. 

Exactly. There's a reason there were a few youth players at Kidsgrove, that's the new direction the club is heading. They want to upgrade the academy to Cat 2 status and to do that you need more full time staff and coaching hours delivered, hence the likes of Rooney. 

Advert

56 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

My lard mate described Whitehead. 

A very limited footballer who gave his all every time he played which endeared him to the supporters. 

He owed Stoke nothing as he left everything out on the pitch. 

I'd imagine as a coach he'll be a workaholic taskmaster. 

That will do for me. Hope VFIA gives the guy a chance .

Welcome Dean 

My lard mate described Whitehead :-

Looks like a butch lesbian!

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

Exactly. There's a reason there were a few youth players at Kidsgrove, that's the new direction the club is heading. They want to upgrade the academy to Cat 2 status and to do that you need more full time staff and coaching hours delivered, hence the likes of Rooney. 

Cat 2 academy status would be fantastic. If and when we do apply for this, then the coaching staff would have to increase a fair bit like youve rightly said. Also the facilities are not good enough yet in just having a couple of pitches behind the Bycars which are shared with first team players. We would also be required to have an indoor dome built for training purposes. Not sure where that would be built? But when you get better status and better coaches at academy level and the facilities, then the better players who are out there playing local sunday lads n dads would possibly come to us rather than choosing the likes of stoke Shrewsbury Burton etc…

I have no idea how many backroom staff we have had in the past.

I get the impression that we are upgrading.

Can someone tell me how we compare with this time last season, and also with other clubs at this level?

45 minutes ago, Doha said:

Cat 2 costs a few quid as well, but it reduces the restrictions on where/what age you can recruit players. 

We want promotion now but I would like to think that the safeguards and foundations are put in place to prevent the next generation of Vale fans from having to endure a 20 year spell like we have.

Can someone tell me how we compare with this time last season, and also with other clubs at this level?
We have the same as last year for the first team the only extra is Flickers. As for the academy Rooney replaced the bloke who went stoke and paynter has taken Sinclair's job

3 hours ago, SFBT said:

All I can say is, in modern day pro football, the setup we now have is the norm. Almost the basic requirements. A manager/headcoach, two assistants, a fitness coach and a  goalkeeper coach. Then you can have your mentality coach, the fitness coach can have assistants, your analysis team, kit men etc. And then your health department on top of that. Look at the staffs at the Euros, they travel with their own chefs, to be sure they get the right food... There's almost more staff than players on some teams. 

Archived